Need my 2002 Busa paint colors

BUSA_CHeMiST

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so i meet this guy today in the local Carquest and I hear him asking about air filters.  He mentions its for a bike so i felt compelled to ask him "what kinda bike?"  We get into a conversation, start talkin about random stuff, yada yada yada....he's seen me around town before, knew i was the "white boy with the silver busa"  
laugh.gif

Anywho, so we talk about paint and he tells me he had a guy in his "unit" paint his bike.  All he had to do was provide the paint (he did a candy apple red).  This guy did all the prep work and painted all his plastics and tanks for $50!!!

I think to myself, geez, why so cheaP???  Well, come to find out, his "UNIT" is his unit at the local prison.  The guy who painted his bike used to run a very prevalent paint and body in own and got popped for some drug charges and now is a resident of the state for a few years.  

I've got a left fairing on my 2002 grey/silver thats got a bit of rash from a mishap in the garage last year.  He tells me to go ahead and get the paint i need and give him a call and he'll get his guy (inmate) to prep it and paint it for me for $15!!  

So, I know nada about paint and what i need to get the guy.  Where do i start?  Primer?  How do I get the silver/grey colors to exactly match the rest?  Do i have to find a suzuki dealer?

Hopefully some of the resident painters here (pushercg) or others will chime in.  Dont wan to pass on this deal, i saw this guys bike, it looks GOOOOOD!!!!

colorrite will be the one to get your paint from that will match close.
the fairing needs a different type of primer than normal for the first coat after you get it sanded and the rash area bonded up. i will get you the name of the stuff at the shop we use tomorrow.its the primer used on plastic bumpers, it gives the paint and plastic a bonding agent. the only colors i can get you a code for is the blue/silver that we have crossed over. the white i prefer to stay with colorrite also.

beerchug.gif
thanks pusher! Hopefully I can try and get everything rounded up within the next week, most of the plastics will be off the bike tomorrow, so would like to go ahead and get it done soon.

Just shoot me a PM!

Pusher, how much do u think I will need? as far as paint and the primer, etc. ColorRite prices do get on up there... would a quart do a whole bike?

...i really know nothing about painting.

DO NOT I repeat DO NOT buy the color rite paint if you want a perfect match because it will not. If you want a perfect match find a local paint supply shop and have them laser scan the panel and custom mix the two colors. That is exactly what I did and as you see mine matches 100% I painted the tail, fender, and the light silver on the lower right side.

Busaparts041.jpg

Busaparts039.jpg

DO NOT I repeat DO NOT buy the color rite paint if you want a perfect match because it will not. If you want a perfect match find a local paint supply shop and have them laser scan the panel and custom mix the two colors. That is exactly what I did and as you see mine matches 100% I painted the tail, fender, and the light silver on the lower right side.

Busaparts041.jpg

Busaparts039.jpg
sweet looking bike.. what size of turbo you have ?? i bet it is bad azzzz.

Busaparts041.jpg

Busaparts039.jpg
sweet looking bike.. what size of turbo you have ?? i bet it is bad azzzz.
Thanks
beerchug.gif
Its a Garrett t3/t4 hybrid. It runs pretty good.
race.gif

yeah chemist being an 02 there is color fade and a scan will be the only true match.

That is a Saaaaweet deal.
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
Thanks guys. Still kickin a few paint ideas around (maybe solid chrome??), but will definately go thru a local paint dealer for my blend if anything.

Love my 02 colors, if i did anything drastic, i would go back with the same setup graphic wise, just with a silver chrome and grey chrome instead of the flat silver and flat grey.

ok, next question still pending...

How much paint/primer/reactor, etc would i need to do the job? i.e, how much for just the fairing, and how much if i decide to go ahead and do all the plastics/inners?? What all would i need?

Back