Need more hp

NICKxNOBLE

Registered
I have a 2007 with all the normal bolt ons and mods. I currently make a wopping 174hp on the motor and 204hp on a dry shot. Small air box mod, pc3usb, dual intake cams, pair valve delete, 4 to 1 hmf, cr9e plugs, cam chain adjuster, stock clutch and springs, k13 race fuel, custom maps....stock bottom end and transmission.

I currenlty need a slave support, and to fix 2nd gear (so i have to crack the case)

interested in going turbo without the filter out the side of the bike and dumps out the other side (i dont want to be able to notice the turbo at a glance as i am a street grudge racer). I want to make a true 250hp to the wheel (im okay with 240hp if it covers the 1/4 faster).

My goal is to beat zx10's with there normal boltons. I weigh 325 lbs. I have about 5k in my busa funds. I will do the work myself. What turbo kit do you'll recomend and what other items do i need to make them work? Do i need a spacer plate (if so how thick and where to purchase?) do i need pistons? Do i need rods?

I will travel to get the bike tuned by someone known for turbo busa tuning, and will continue to run on race gas only.

Thank you ahead of time for your time and input.

ABOVE WAS MY ORIGINAL POST A FEW WEEKS AGO. SINCE THEN I HAVE HAD A BABY AND PURCHASED NEW APPLIANCES. MY BUSA FUNDS ARE NOT GOING TO ALLOW ME TO GET THE TURBO. WITH THAT BEING SAID IM SHOOTING A DRY SHOT INTO THE AIR SCOOPS. THE INTAKE IS DRILLED AND TAPPED FOR FOGGER NOZZLES THAT I NOW HAVE PLUGGED OFF. IM CONSIDERING PUTTING A DRY SHOT IN THE HOLES AND GOING WITH LARGER FUEL INJECTORS AND FUEL PUMP. I HAD A WET FOGGER SYSTEM UP THERE BEFORE AND I ONLY PURGED IT THOUGH THE MOTOR ONE TIME TO SEE IF IT WORKED. ALSO WHEN SHOOTING SAY ABOUT A 60 SHOT SHOULD I PULL TIMING AND HOW DO I PULL TIMING.

1 - DO I NEED A FUEL PUMP? IF SO WHICH ONE?

2 - DO I NEED LARGER INJECTORS? IF SO WHICH ONES?

3 - DO I NEED TO PULL TIMING? IF SO HOW? WHAT SYSTEM?

To simplify my question, if i want to continue using a dry shot and want to get quite a bit faster how do i do it? And what parts?

This is just my opinion based on nitrous use on cars; I wouldn't run much more than 40 HP as a dry shot, wet systems are easier and safer in my opinion.

Yes, you'll need bigger injectors and a fuel pump plus a tune by somebody who know what they are doing to make a dry shot work.

On a Gen 1 Busa the max will be about a 60 shot on the stockj fuel system with a dry shot. If you install Honda S2000 injectors and get the ECU flashed you can do a 100 shot with the correct tuning and fuel

How many pounds or cc's is recomended when getting s2000 injectors? Do i need to ditch the pc3usb and get something else? I no longer have the need to run my bike on the motor. Having just had a kid if the busa moves its to race. So would a ecu editor or something like that be better? I think somewhere in the 240 to 250 hp range ought to suite my needs.

The ECU editor is much better than the PC3 for spray.Power Commanders are known to fail. Leave the fuel pressure at the stock 43 psi and just install the inejctors. Make sure the rest of your fuel system is clean (fuel filters) and have the injectors cleaned and balanced before you install them

Back