** need members advice **

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Greetings,

Which screen kit would you recommend for ease of installation? I would prefer a pre bent kit.

Also, what have you folks found best to mount the screens?

Thanks in advance.

hogger...

Pre bent-  got mine $25 ebay, sorry no link.  If in a hurry, the stuff from Home Depot aint too bad........................

Goop worked easy

Fairing screens right?  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|hbr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143824988 -->

Postal pre-fabs 'em...PM him for more info...

If you want to do it yourself, you can get 'gutter guard' from any hardware store, make 'em yourself. It took me about 4 hours to make 'em and mount 'em, put the bike back together, but that included constant interruptions from my two boys! LOL So, perhaps an hour for you?
biggrin.gif

Just be careful if you do mold 'em yourself (and especially if you 'bow' them out a bit like I did). I ended up pushing too hard on the inside of my fairing and cracked the paint just a bit...
mad.gif

I used silicone and haven't had any problems, but there are other adhesives you can use...just depends on who you talk to...

Thanks all. Glad to do it. $30.00 for all six, mailed to your door, with instructions for installation. Several style and color options, just PM or email me.

P.

Yeah,Tom "Postal" makes some great looking screens despite my inability to ship him faaked up fairings for molds! Sorry againTom! NJ.:;):

8 screens, 10 if air intakes needed.

The best way to mount screens is soldering iron, just like Suzuki mount nose pieces at the factory and you don`t have to mess around with any type of glue.

BTW. I`m making them too.

Don`t want to compete with Postal ( It`s not like he has patent or something)
smile.gif
) so from now on I`m making powdercoated and hard chrome screens only.

Back