Need iPhone Guru support

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Ok, here's the deal. I've got a .wav file of my daughter getting interviewed on the radio. The file size is 10MB so it's over the attachment limits for sending it to another email account.

How can i get this file off my iPhone without jailbreaking it?

Thanks!

Keith plug the phone into your computer. The microsoft camera and scanner wizard should open. From there just check it and copy it to a file on your computer.
After that you can do whatever you want with it. Treat it the same as any other digital camera you want to transfer pics/files from.
Is that what you need?

Where is it on your iPhone? You should be able to access it via iTunes and copy it off to your desktop/laptop.

Where is it on your iPhone? You should be able to access it via iTunes and copy it off to your desktop/laptop.

iTunes makes things all confusing. Just use the camera/scanner wizard.
Least it does for me cuz I'm :stoopid:

iTunes is usually easier for the non-techie types. I prefer the windows exploder method myself.

Another option, send me your iPhone, I'll get it off there for ya :)

None of these options work, they only give access to the pictures (camera) folder. The .wav file is not found in this folder....I usually use the Windows explorer method, but i need access to other folders on the iphone apparently...

Then try plugging it in and then go to the 'my computer' screen.
Find the iPhone and then right click and 'open' it.
Maybe this way will show all files on phone.

But why is 10mb too large to email?
I get emails from the govt larger than that sometimes .

Then try plugging it in and then go to the 'my computer' screen.
Find the iPhone and then right click and 'open' it.
Maybe this way will show all files on phone.

But why is 10mb too large to email?
I get emails from the govt larger than that sometimes .

No, iPhone only allows access to the pics folder thru IE

You can receive higher, but can you SEND higher? I think 5MB is limit.

Oh, the .wav is attached to an email? That's why I was asking "Where is it on your iPhone?" If it's attached to email, I need to do more research.

If it's email, which email account are you synced with? Is it google, yahoo or work account?

Oh, the .wav is attached to an email? That's why I was asking "Where is it on your iPhone?" If it's attached to email, I need to do more research.

If it's email, which email account are you synced with? Is it google, yahoo or work account?

The .wav is not in an email; it's in a recording app (Quickvoice). the file is stored somewhere on the iphone just not in the camera folder.....

You could use Drop Box if everything else has failed. Just download the app from the app store and sign up. I haven't needed to use Drop Box recently but it should still be free. Once you sign up you can use the phone to move the .wav file into your Drop Box account and then access the Drop Box website from a computer to edit/fix the .wav file.

You could use Drop Box if everything else has failed. Just download the app from the app store and sign up. I haven't needed to use Drop Box recently but it should still be free. Once you sign up you can use the phone to move the .wav file into your Drop Box account and then access the Drop Box website from a computer to edit/fix the .wav file.

From the Dropbox site, can i download it onto my PC (yes, Windows) :)

If you can get the file into dropbox, yes, it will download to your PC. You have to install dropbox onto your PC.

I think the issue is that you won't be able to get it from the iPhone into the dropbox app unless QuickVoice supports dropbox.

Back