• 40-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-80%

• 80-100%

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • DO NOT BUY ONE! ITS WORTHLESS!

• ITS MADE OF PURE PLATINUM AND GOLD WORTH WISE!

• If it wasn't for my Speedo Healer I'd still have hair

• Total voters

MLSDUKE1

Live from Mom's basement
Registered
I understand how they are supposed to work and all. I've practiced the calculator online. But HOW ACCURATE are they? I'm swapping my 186 gauge face for a 220 gauge face.

What is the accuracy? Hence the poll.

THANKS AHEAD OF TIME!!!

I love mine, I got it from Pashnit.

The accuracy will depend on how you set it. There is an option to get you close and a way to set it using gps to make sure your perfect.

Will it be "perfect" up to 220 or will it keep adding error to that speed?

id say its as "accurate" as the sensor can possibly be. they are off from the factory, it modifies the signal to account for that and gearing changes. im sure nothing can make the stock speedo 100% accurate all the way to 220 but itll get you as close or closer than anything else and the speedohealer is probably the best out there, its for sure the easiest to setup.

The speedohealer works great if you have 180 or 220 guages. But covering a 180 with a 220 face will still cause more inaccuracies, even with the speedohealer. As expected, the faster you go the further off they'll be. They'll still be very accurate at lower speeds though.
There's a thread on this somewhere, as this has been an issue before.
You can always buy 220 guages from a 99/00 model and send them to Scott's Blue Guages. He can legally change the mileage in them to match that of your bike, as well as change the face to whatever he has or you send him. That's the best way to have the most accurate speedo, and you'll still need the speedohealer, as the stock speedos still aren't 100% accurate. They're off around a 7% average I belive:beerchug:

Really? No one can comment? :poke:

Only comment I can make is you should not take your eyes off the road at or above 150 :poke: So it shouldn't matter how accurate it is after that :laugh: I have a similar device the yellow box and it used to be dead on till I changed the sprocket size never bothered to adjust again.

Know where I can get a 220 gauge cluster for pretty cheap?

Cheap:laugh: They can be hard to come by, and are seldom cheap. Best bet is to place a want ad, and check ebay and psychobike daily, deals do turn up occasionally.

I don't mean like $20 cheap but I don't wanna pay in the $800 range either. Also, Busa 1166, that is PERFECTLY true. But I have a video setup for my bike so I can see the gauge and out the windshield after I ride :laugh:

I don't mean like $20 cheap but I don't wanna pay in the $800 range either. Also, Busa 1166, that is PERFECTLY true. But I have a video setup for my bike so I can see the gauge and out the windshield after I ride :laugh:

The few I've seen for sale over the years have been around $200 to $300. A member just posted the other day that he had a set he bought for $30 to put in a car project, and that the speedo needle wasn't going below around 30mph or so. A simple fix and a cheap price, so you never know.

I changed out my gauge cluster with the 220mph one. Went up 2 teeth on the rear. Had to set the speedo healer -12%. Works great, right on with the gps. The speedo healer has a top speed memory too. So you don't have to watch your speedo to see how fast you went. Just turn the key on and it'll show you.

70.00 from Motomummy speedodrd my 09 speedo was off around 8-9% to the GPS
I bought one from motomummy for 70 bucks followed the instructions and within 2 test drives and 25 minutes I am dialed in dead nutzzz. if my speedo is reading 31 MPH I am going GPS 31mph if I am running 90 MPH on the speedo I am dead on 90 GPS.

I put one on my 08 and it works great. It was off 5.2%. I checked it with my GPS and it was dead on up to 70. I have not checked it above that. If I am going faster then that I don't think I need to worry about the speed. JMO

Well, I bought the Speedo Healer from Pashnit and I can't wait to get it on there. My GPS is inaccurate, I know that cause it says I'm doing 64 when my speedo on my truck says 70 and I know its good cause I pass those speed detector signs alot.

What does the going up two teeth in the rear help? Sure, it'll be a little more torquey but I don't see it doing anything for speed except slowing down the top end.

If I pass one of those speed signs, could I use that as a reference for the speedo healer? Also, would it be better to try to get a cluster with the healer or will I be fine with what I got?

If your gonna do 220, your gonna need a TRE too. Then again you could set up the Speedohealer to read 220 when your doing 60.

Back