Need info on changing spark plugs on '04 Hayabusa

Josh Broome

Registered
I have a 2004 Hayabusa with a 2006 motor. At first, it was cutting off when coming to a stop or downshifting. Rode for a while like that, went and bought a new tire and it ran fine. Three days later i tried to crank it and it was bogging down and it was puttering real bad. I let off on the gas and the bike cut off. I cranked it up and it did the same thing. Now the bike will not start, I checked the spark plugs and there was oil on 2 of them. I believe that the spark plugs are fowled out, Would that cause the bike not to crank? Any advice would greatly be appriciated!

Sounds like a little more than foulded plugs.

Checking the valve tolerances would be my 1st thought.

So much more information is really required for internet diagnosis and to head you in the right direction.

Where did the motor come from ?

Mileage on motor ?

Was it stripped from a crashed bike ?

Can you show us pictures of oil on spark plugs ?

Have you ever synched up the throttle bodies ?

Is the oil on all 4 plugs or only the 2 ?

what is you experience riding and wrenching to get us this information ?

The oil sounds like from the VC leaking around the spark plug wells.Ignition stuff going bad will cause this like bad/bridged plugs.You dont have an overoiled airfilter do you??Maybe try some seafoam cleaner in the tank.Maybe a bad tank of gas??

yeah it was just a shot in the dark, thanks 4 trying to help! I am gonna take it to a mechanic and see what they say. I bought this bike fom a girl who never checked the work behind antone and it completely customized. They did a shoddy job, I think and now i am going to have to spend $ to get it right! Hopefully it is a simple fix. thanks dude!

Oil on the plugs makes me think your piston rings are leaking. When it does run does it smoke? What color is the smoke (blue smoke is oil, white smoke is water and black smoke it gas). Changing the plugs is very easy but you need to find out why the oil was in your cylinders

It will look like oil on the plugs when pulling them out from the VC leaking.Have seen many cars do the same.

Back