Need Info on Best Cellphone for motorcycle emergency

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
Motorola Digital StarTac with the AutoComm,
Roberto we will need to fire up the phones for a 150mph phone call, another Guiness record for the Busa :)

AutoComm :)
StarTac :)

KAW IS right!!!MOTOROLLA DIGITAL STARTAC /WITH REAR AUX battery/ will run for days without batt. charge/ autocom /startac hang up cup/ I custom mounted mine in front of fuel opening putting the phone in easy reach of one button speeddialin!!! I have used all cellphones(yes I am in the biz)...nothing talks as well on digital as the motorolla!!! when digital doesnt work well for ya/hit function 2 n go back analog. peace....IM OUTA HEER!

Since I ride everyday to work I have a Nokia cell phone which I use in case of emergency which is serviced through CellularOne in California.I carry the phone on me when riding and would now want to upgrade my phone for a lighter/newer model.My phone is a Nokia 232 and heavy by todays standard.I have used the phone when I ran out of gas,used it to report a hit and run,and used it at the motorcycle races to contact friends.I know this is not a motorcycle topic but the phone comes in handy when wheeling and dealing on motorcycle topics to friends or MC shops.I like the Nokia 6160/6162 or the 8860.I would buy a Motorola Tac flip phone if it is covered under CellularOne.Anyone had good experience with Motorola or does anyone know any good website to go to and compair the vaious cellphone and service.I know in Europe the Nokia is the brand most used and in the Far East the Motorola is the brand to buy.I'm looking for a light phone and can with stand being dropped with out failing.I know I have dropped my Nokia many times and the phone still works.Thanks for any help.

Hi Cisco,

I have a Nokia 6160 phone that I mounted on the triple clamp by drilling and tapping an 8-32 thread to the lower right bolt. I then purchased the Nokia stand for it and attached it. It looks real nice and the phone goes in and out in a second.
I also run an AutoCom unit that intergrates the cellphone and allows me to use the helmet mike and speakers to talk while I'm riding the bike. If you have any questions just call me.

Ride Safe, RJ

Hi Cisco... Philo uses the Motorola "Flip phone"... it's actually a "StarTAC". I works both on digital as well as analog systems in the US... Not for overseas use... Had it for over two years... no problems... very small... very light... very durable! Lots of accessories (No carbon fiber:-()

Back