Need ideas on enclosed trailer ramp

rpm9001

Donating Member
Registered
I have a 5x8 enclosed trailer and looking for ideas for a ramp so I can ride into the trailer. Needs to be wide enough to be able to put my feet down on when riding up and in. Needs to be light weight, ect...you get the idea. Just looking at what other people have done. pictures would be great! It has a single barn door.

Basicaly I want to be able to load the bike like if it had a drop down door.

Thanks
Geo

Here is what I use (made it myself):

[*] 2 pieces of wood (length - 1 or 2 feet longer than a stock busa)
[*] 2 whichamajigs (metal ramp plates)
[*] 6 thingamabobs (metal plates w/ spikes)

Required items:

[*] hammer
[*] drill
[*] socket wrench (or regular wrench)

<!--EDIT|BiG-T
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147388226 -->

IM000579__Medium_.JPG

Whichamajigs and thingamabob

<!--EDIT|BiG-T
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147388328 -->

IM000578__Medium_.JPG

Thingamabob -

6 all together;
3 on each side;
top, middle, bottom

I've had this since 2001. I've used it w/ a 01 Gixxer 750, 01 Kaw 9, 01 Kanatuna, and a 03 Kaw 9. AiRazor hasn't been transported yet.

<!--EDIT|BiG-T
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147388596 -->

IM000577__Medium_.JPG

Check this out,,,,

Ebay item #4554671380

<!--EDIT|GIXERHP
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147393312 -->

big t,
Nice! That would work perfect! But gixerhp, you hit it! That is exactly what I was looking for, But I could not find one that wide.

Thanks!!!

that is the style ramp i used when i loaded the bikes in the back of the truck to haul to bike week. the ramp is very sturdy and with the low angle that u will have with a trailer you shouldnt have any prollems riding it up. i purchased a 6.5x10 utility style trailer with the ramp door after bike week but i kinda wish i went ahead and forked out the extra cash for an enclosed unit.

I have one of those fold up ramps I use to load my ATV into the pickup. It is the 3 into 1 fold up kind. I use that to load my busa into my 5x8 trailer. Works great--not too steep and a place for your feet as you load/unload. I always use tie down straps to secure the ramp to the trailer. The last thing you want is for the ramp to slip out as you're half way up!!

Here's one that's 1/2 price from the ebay one...only $80 bux...

Harbor Freight Linky
I saw Cabelas had one like this for sale (seemed like the perfect ramp for me), and I mentioned it in a previous related post.

I just read on that "other" Hayabusa board, that a guy "punched" through the middle, fell 3 feet, with the busa, and really screwed up the bike.

I can see how all the weight could be concentrated on the middle part of the tri-fold. Not sure if this guy used plywood inserts or not.

Cabelas doesnt say for motorcycles, I think weight on two outside thirds makes way more sense. Thank God I didnt buy it yet.

Anyone have any personal experience with this type ramp?

TriFoldRamp.jpg

I have the Cabella's superlight bi-fold aluminum. See Robot's picture. It works great & easy to store.

Here's one that's 1/2 price from the ebay one...only $80 bux...

Harbor Freight Linky
I saw Cabelas had one like this for sale (seemed like the perfect ramp for me), and I mentioned it in a previous related post.

I just read on that "other" Hayabusa board, that a guy "punched" through the middle, fell 3 feet, with the busa, and really screwed up the bike.

I can see how all the weight could be concentrated on the middle part of the tri-fold. Not sure if this guy used plywood inserts or not.

Cabelas doesnt say for motorcycles, I think weight on two outside thirds makes way more sense. Thank God I didnt buy it yet.

Anyone have any personal experience with this type ramp?
SAM's carry some just like this! (ROBOT'S)

I use the aluminum tri-fold to load the bike into my 5x8 trailer. I unhook one section to make it a "bi-fold" as the tri is too wide. I hook it to the trailer so it doesn't slide out. I can ride the bike right into the trailer with room to keep my feet down on the ramp. I've loaded & unloaded the 'busa lots of times and never had a problem. Strong, light weight and cheep. Works great for me!

Back