need ideas for tune

Beebermd

Registered
hi guys. Long time lurker here. Never really needed to post because ive been able to find everything i needed through a good forum search, but i need some ideas. First my set up: I have a 3 wheel vehicle that i have been building. It utilizes a GEN I motor, with a 14b running through a vortech SFMU 12:1, 4 psi 44mm WG, with a bazzaz auto tune unit and fuel control. My problem has now come with tuning options. 1st problem is there is no dyno remotley close, 2nd is the even the closest one isnt set up to dyno a vehicle with 2 front, 1 rear wheel configuration. Towing is not really an option yet either. Any ideas on using the bazazz to at least get me in the ball park for now. One suggestion, was to run it without the turbo, use the bazzaz auto tune to set it pretty rich, then put the turbo on and slowly lean out the AFR. The general concesuss is that with only 4 psi assuming no creep (crossing fingers), i should be able up to come up with a nice little base map that should be able to get me at least runnning somewhat safely until i can find a suitable tune. any thoughts?

Thanks

1busa

Registered
Read up on the turbo section on here and you will see that there is no getting around or winging it when it comes to tuning a turbo busa. You need a dyno and you need a competent tuner or it won't be a matter of if but rather when stuff goes bad :whistle: don't know where you live but i'd rather spend a few hundred to haul it to a guy who knows exactly what to do than guess and hope for the best after you put in all that time and $$$

Beebermd

Registered
thaks for the replies guys. Im well aware of the need for a proper tune. im sure you know most turbo kits usually come with a base map. this is usually just to get the bike running so you can then get a proper tune. i have no base map, which is basically what im trying to accomplish. so i can then get it to a dyno. im having a ***** of time getting pics uploaded. i really dont know the dynos that well, but i dont think you can run just one drum on a car dyno, and even if i could, one of the front wheels would be off the platform.

Postal

Donating Member
Registered
You will most likely need to find someone willing to modify, temporarily, their bike dyno.

I have a theory on running the bike without being dyno'd but it would be by using the base map and very low settings on everything else except fuel. Push as much fuel as possible.

The key with any turbo is not to lean it out. With the three wheel setup I am not sure just how much hp you really need. I would keep it minimal, unless you just want bragging rights. You aren't actually going to run that thing 200mph are you?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
shade Need bracket ideas General Bike Related Topics 12
B Hotbodies Undertail on Gen 1 (2007) ... Need Blinker Ideas Appearance mods 5
FireMedic Ripped hole in under tail need ideas on how to patch it Busa problems 11
Sky Rider Need Ideas for a place to crash for the night General Bike Related Topics 3
dewie need ideas General Bike Related Topics 16
Flicka I Need Your Ideas Random Thoughts 14
Stevie Ray Charles Need some ideas Org... Busa Mods 9
D Running out of time.....need ideas Random Thoughts 13
black diamond busa Need the orgs ideas!! Random Thoughts 33
R In need of some Leather riding pants "over boot" any ideas? Riding Gear 13
Tufbusa Help! I need ideas? General Bike Related Topics 36
card16969 need more ideas before tuning All Motor 15
T Need paint ideas... General Bike Related Topics 22
highestgrade I need business ideas Random Thoughts 3
captain Need some ideas and input here... Hayabusa Merchandise 5
Jasquini Need Ideas !!! Busa Mods 1
Rick Ekstrom Garmin Zumo 550 need mounting ideas Gen II Busa Information 15
jch364 need to attach a video camera..ideas? General Bike Related Topics 17
garage monster rear seat locked in place, need ideas General Bike Related Topics 9
B New Here and Im a new hayabusa owner also have some ideas that need input General Bike Related Topics 28
Evil_keeps_me_young Need some ideas... General Bike Related Topics 1
S Need some ideas... Appearance mods 8
DEMMYM Need ideas General Bike Related Topics 48
Coopdeville Just need some ideas Engine and Performance mods 12
coreywiley I need some ideas ! Appearance mods 23
D Need new ideas for Hooters Bike Night!! General Bike Related Topics 27
thugimmortal68 warning (gore) i need some ideas on how much i can get for my 06 busa (wrecked) General Bike Related Topics 17
A Need ideas....installing radar on the BUSA.... General Bike Related Topics 28
P need a few good ideas on how to get General Bike Related Topics 17
M Need busa wedding ideas Random Thoughts 24
L Need name ideas Random Thoughts 16
rpm9001 Need ideas on enclosed trailer ramp General Bike Related Topics 15
S Need some mod ideas Random Thoughts 8
F Need Ideas, for Custom Air Brush Helmet... General Bike Related Topics 24
N Need an undertail for gsxr 1000.  Ideas? General Bike Related Topics 2
L I need some ideas/ opinions General Bike Related Topics 12
R Need ideas..... General Bike Related Topics 4
busabrother Need low budget security ideas General Bike Related Topics 3
smallestpilot need some ideas General Bike Related Topics 5
M Bolt broken off in frame.  Need ideas on removal General Bike Related Topics 34
O Need ideas for a BAD A$$ chain General Discussion 5
O I need an oilpan, any ideas? Suzuki backorder! General Discussion 0
C I need help! (idle issue on my 04) Busa problems 7
rubbersidedown Mirrors/easy to see outa/you need lightweight/good looks/etc Appearance mods 32
shade Front fender bolts - need thread pitch and length General Bike Related Topics 4
rubbersidedown Rubb need hep Random Thoughts 13
gurrera You need a LOL today Random Thoughts 2
I i need an intank fuel pump!! General Bike Related Topics 11
J What all do I need to change to use a gen 1 swingarm on a gen 2? Gen II Busa Information 13
N Do I need Road 5 GT? compare to Road 5 General Bike Related Topics 24