Need help!

Jigfordtough

Registered
I have a 2007 hayabusa, first ride after purchasing ran hot on me. Reservoir was dry, couldn't see no fluid inside the radiator. Afterwards I pour engine ice directly in radiator and fill the reservoir. Notice reservoir was empty today I refilled it ( didn't check inside radiator ) after 15 miles of riding reservoir is empty again. I could see leaking but not 100% sure it's coming out the overflow. Any suggestions? Plan on taking to a shop but everything is booked up for aleast 3 weeks near me.

573166749.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 2007 hayabusa, first ride after purchasing ran hot on me. Reservoir was dry, couldn't see no fluid inside the radiator. Afterwards I pour engine ice directly in radiator and fill the reservoir. Notice reservoir was empty today I refilled it ( didn't check inside radiator ) after 15 miles of riding reservoir is empty again. I could see leaking but not 100% sure it's coming out the overflow. Any suggestions? Plan on taking to a shop but everything is booked up for aleast 3 weeks near me.

View attachment 1596794
most likely a little leak on the radiator thru a rock or whatever. put at few papertowels underneath it and refill. Dont know why it should come out of the overflow...
you should be able to spot the leak that way...!

That says where he thinks it might be coming from....gonna need to know for sure.

He doesnt know...thats why i suggested papertowels- so he can maybe narrow it down. Iam sure he didnt either burp the system or he has a little leak on the bottom of the radiator as this is the most common spot for leaks...?!

getting the air out of the system/hose.

Fill the fluid in and squeeze the hoses...shake the bike left to right and let it run for a bit and refill the antifreeze. There should be NO air in the cooling system!
Ok will do. So will not burping the system cause the reservoir to drain out?

View attachment 1596794

Any updates here?

Back