need help!!!!.

levihp

Registered
I was told my engine had a set of aftermarket cams upon removal of valve cover i see the cams show 24f on both and intake has in and exhaust has ex.. etc... My bike has a horrible vibration in it but still runs fine i've checked the balance shaft 4 times and redone it with the engine out at tdc and am still having bad vibrations.... im think im giving up on busas.. no one can figure out what the vibration is from I thought it was timing tensioner but everyone says no.....

where is the vibration at?
when does it occur?
wheel damage?
brake rotor bent?

Don't give up.
Help us troubleshoot it with you.
Tell us all you can about the vibration...when, where, how much, when did it start, does it do it all the time, at what speed etc etc

it is at 4k-8k rpm the entire bike vibrates like crazy even at a stand still in nuetral. at idle my mirrors vibrate and when i rev it with it on the kickstand the bike torques to one side. i've done the balance shaft 4 times with busa knowledged people that have many built bikes.. I recently replaced the trans also... but its been doing this for awhile.. it not wheels brakes etc... it does it just sitting still. the bike still runs good I top it out all the time.. but i've been getting beat by1k's that my r1 would annilate. this bike has a fully modded air box bmc filter ivans tre and yoshi slip ons.. and a 42tooth rear sprocket.. i do like the size and torgue of this bike but it vibrates so bad i wanna just get rid of it.... and get another r1..

When the bike is idling can you put your hand near the back of each muffler (DON'T BURN YOURSELF) and see if you can feel a miss. Rev it up just a bit (2000, 2500) and test it this way too.
I want to see if all the cylinders are firing all the time.
If you listen carefully to each side you can hear it, but you can also feel it. It will be like a cough or sput, may be regular may not.

I'm grasping at straws but you do have a rare problem.

I wonder if they replaced your clutch basket while in the trans.

I have seen a couple clutch baskets cause this very same problem.

I do not think that its normal to replace the clutch basket when rebuilding a trans but I have never had one rebuilt so I am not sure.

I am not a cam expert, but my common sense tells me that if you can "top it out all the time" the cams are probably in right and timed OK.
Anyone?

check to be sure your front sprocket is on right and tight.pull clutch cover and be sure basket is actually in place.some vibration is normal in the busa...check all motor mounting points...

i have gone threw everything named... do balancers go bad??? thats the only thing I can think of...

Are you sure the firing order is correct? Possibly coil wires plugged in wrong order? Cam timing off by even one tooth would make big difference I would think.

could be an ign. miss, could be cam timing, check the compression for all 4 and check exhaust temps right at the header to head point (laser temp gauge). Check the clutch as well. If it were the trans then you would only have the vib when you're in gear but wouldn't be there when in neutral. Seems either the timming is off or something is machanicaly out of balance. worse case is maybe your crank is screwed (twisted).

i dont know what it is but its annoying.. I guess im gonna ride it till it dies then change the engine out and diagnose what it was..lol..

Do that and it will most likely die an quick untimely death. The severity of what you describe sounds like you don't have a plug firing.

Okay......because this occurs in neutral......it HAS to be a problem in the "rotating mass"somewhere in the engine.....in other words....something that is rotating while the engine is running....definitley!.....if the engine mounts are ok...start with the clutch....and then work inwards.....when did this problem start?....just out of the "blue"...or after getting something replaced ?.....the worst scenario...could be the crank is twisted out of place...in the old days...we used to set up the cranks in proper sync.position....and then Tig weld the sections so they couldnt twist....not sure if its still done today!.....but you would think with those cams that the a piston would contact a valve if this was the case.....do a compression test to see if they are close to equal?
Have you really been twisting the crap out of it lately? ....I am sure if you write about this problem as you go along...we can help you out !....the guys on this site are really knowledgeable.....dont give up !!....Ken

Back