Need help with Roaring Toyz extensions install, chain size?

Konad

Registered
I purchased these off a local guy about a month ago. He was claiming they were 2-6" extensions. I called roaring toyz and they confirmed they have only made 2-8" extensions, so I have assumed up until this point that that's what they were.

After doing some passes last night at stock wheelbase I decided to take the plunge today and install them in hopes of improving my 60' time.

I picked up a 150 link chain from Goldenchild and 1.5 hours later I'm almost done, but here is where it gets tricky. I appear to be quite a bit under 150 links, and it was my understanding 8" stretches require a 150 link chain, that and i'm running a 43 tooth sprocket in the rear. Also when rotated on the master cylinder my stock brake line seems to be reaching no problem. All of these things point to a 6" stretch.

I was wondering if anyone could take a look at my crappy pictures and determine if I do in fact have a 6" or 8" stretch, they are fully extended here.

I apologize for the quality, my Iphone is doing this strange white line when using the flash, and no its not my finger.

Additionally what is the best way to determine how many links I need to take out? Obviously its better to start with more and work my way down from there, but it really is a pain in the ass removing links.

Thanks in advance.

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

That is indeed an 8 inch stretch. You have to remove 2 links at a time till you get to the correct length. There really is no easy way to go about it.

Thank you, after reviewing some pictures of 6" bikes it does appear to be 8". The rear tire is poking out of the tail quite a bit.

measure front center axle to where rear center axle is and subtract 58.5 inches from that and that's your stretch in inches..

slide wheel forward 2.5 inches to give yourself adjustment room and put chain on rear sprocket bring freeend as close as you can to tight mark link you need to take off and press or grind apart on odd link that looks like your master link. Press, adjust slack and your done.. I'll give you the bill next time I see you.. :rofl:

Back