Need help with rear shock

jpbusa

Registered
could use some insite with the rear shock. I'm 6'4" and 270 and could use a heavier sping. I lose a lot of travel at the line.

You can have stock shock revalved and resprung.you can also get a new one built to specs ...lmk if i can assist you.

yes i need help my bike is 8" over stock. and i'm stretching the tail to give more room for the tire so I can lower it more. looking for a better 60' time (1-80's)

Tell me what kind of budget you working with and I can give you some options.

I HAVE STOCK SHOCK AND IM 250 IN GEAR,I JUST PUT ALL SETTINGS ON STIFF AND TURNED MY LOCKS ON THE SPRING 6 TURNS AND IT HELPS.BUT A REVALVED IS WHAT IM GOING TO, IT SUPPOSED TO HELP YOUR 60' TIME.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|busa crazy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140754229 -->

call orient express and talk 2 them about a penskie, give them ur wieght and length and they can build a shock to fit ur requirments:D

Roach,he isn't using a slick so that would be useless...the suspension needs to be able to work wth a street tire,unlike a slick you gonna have traction you just need constant pressure to make it stay hooking...

I dont have a slick on my bike just bars mt street.1.58 short time stock busa 270lb rider.This bike has strut on it with mt street.6.48 at 111mph 270lb rider 114mph first try with 170lb rider,high 1.50 short time.Looking 2 improve on that.But it is geared down.

AOL.com Images Not Available

<!--EDIT|ROACH
Reason for Edit: "add photo"|1140975670 -->

Struts are designed to let the Slick loose sidewall act as the shock. You could run the same numbers with a stock shock and wheelie bars on a street type tire...

really
rock.gif
mabe i will remove my best times have been with the slick but it would bog some time im going with shinko ultra soft heavy at over 14lbs but i hear it hooks like a motha

That strut does suck on the street hit a bad bump could buck me off.
You have to gear the heck out of them with slick i was 44+1 down front crazy bill told me he had to drop 2 on front with slick, dont want 2 do that to much strain on it... with the street tire just _1 front 42 rear im a fat boy so i need gearing
sad.gif

i was 270lbs but i have slimmed down to 255

<!--EDIT|ROACH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141236831 -->

Back