Need help with pcii

AZIROC

Registered
ok, have the PC II installed, shows its on, but when i try upload or get a map.. it says PC not found.

<!--EDIT|AZIROC
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139699294 -->

On your computer, try disabling port COM1 in the device manager. After that, try specifying different com ports in the power commander program.

i did a search on the computer and it doesnt have a device manager com option (xp)

<!--EDIT|AZIROC
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139699776 -->

it shows the led's on the PC at the middle of the range.. till i try 2 load any map. when i load a map, it says no Power commander found and then the LED goes all thew way to the bottom.

I'd guess it's already loaded with the 'zero' map in it. I apologize if you already know this, but to get to device manager in xp:
- right click on my computer
- left click on properties
- select the Hardware tab
- select Device Manager
- Expand 'Ports (COM & LPT)'
- double click on COM1 (that's most likely the only port you'll see)
- change device usag to 'Do no use... '

his laptop doesnt show a com & lpt port
rock.gif

No Com or Lpt ports? Darn, it might be worth downloading the latest version of the program from powercommander.com. I went through all this two years ago when I had a 2000 busa and PCII. It was not fun and I believe there was a resource conflict in Windows which prevented the computer from seeing the pcii unit. Also, try any of the other com ports in the pc program, all the way up to com8 and also 'auto'.

i did tried all 8 com ports, only 3 would work. i think its cause newer laptops dont have com ports. if i have 2.. ill lug the damn desktop into the garage, atleast i know it has com ports! haha.

i have it running, tried a few times this morning. bike running, com3, says port is there, but still cant find the power commander. i think i am gonna have to actually lug down the desktop
sad.gif

I'm pretty sure when I had the pcii, the instructions said to have the ignition on but with the motor off. After programming the pc, then turn it off, wait 30 seconds before actually starting the engine.

On my 04 with 3R I had to have the bike running to program it.
Few seconds after turning on the kill switch and the fuel pump priming, power would be lost to the PC.
Might be different on earlier years?

I'm pretty sure when I had the pcii, the instructions said to have the ignition on but with the motor off. After programming the pc, then turn it off, wait 30 seconds before actually starting the engine says the com is good, but cant find the PC
ill try this.

i tried it a few times this morning with my desktop and still same effect.

ok.. it works. i dont know what i did different. hold down the buttons, turned the key to on, started the bike.. BAM it works. but now another problem. i loaded my map. and from idle to 7k rpms i am pegged at lean. from k-11.5k i am only 3 bars up from the bottom. how do u raise this? i held down each button for each rpm band and nothen let me raise it.

Back