Need help with part id

War Bird 13

Registered
Well...got brave today and did my own oil change on a Gen II (08)...didn't see the need to give my bike up for a few days AND pay 100.00 for an oil change...and with the help of fellow org members it was actually not TOO bad getting the right side off...took my time and all went well...only had one little issue...i was just getting ready to slide the right side off and looked in the back and lying on the ground under the regulator was a small rectangle shaped piece or rubber...it's about 1-1/2 to 2 inches long and about 1/2 inch thick...looks like a spacer of some sort...has anyone else seen this part or encountered this problem???...if it helps tomorrow when i get home from work i will take a pic or two of it and post along with this thread to maybe help ID it...just would like to know what the hell fell off of my bike...thanks...???

Pic is needed, I have no idea what that might be just by going off description, maybe some of our mechanical gurus might help ya out though.

If it's what I think it is then it's number 15 or 16. It's a piece of rubber that keeps the cowling from vibrating. It should be stuck to the cowling with double side tape or something.

cowling.jpg

does it look like the piece stuck to the the fairing in this pic?

cowling1.jpg

yeah jwc...looks more like #16...BUT...why was it lying on the ground under the rectifier/regulator just in front of the back wheel?....that part looks like it may supossed to be located closer up front...and it wasn't sticky on one side either like it may have been attached on one side with tape...but it does look ALOT like part #16 in that breakdown...thanks

Back