Need help with oil filter

Shilpan

Registered
can anyone suggest me which brand and model no. should i use as this is the first time i am going to be doing it myself. i got about 9000 miles on my 02 busa. i did some research and found some brands with model no. but they are hard to find at my local store. any suggestion on there to order it from online??

AMSOil - SMF 109

Emgo - 10-55660

Fram - PH6018

Hi-Flo - HF138

STP SMO-18

A filter is not that expensive. Just go to your local dealer and buy one. I use the Suzuki brand.

I use the hi-flo $4 at the dealership zuk filters are $12 they dont usually stock the hi-flo unless your a regular and ask them to so you will have to special order if you want a cheaper filter

I've heard that the K&N oil filters are good but i've never used... i use OEM filter. I just switched to MOTUL 5100 synth. blend oil... about 700 miles on the bike and i can tell you that my transmission shifts so much smoother now than it did with MOTUL 3000. Oil is a sore subject though and VERY opinionated so what you will hear is mostly user preference... same with filters...

Fram PH6018,, which you can get even at Walmart!

IMO What filter you use has a bunch to do with your oil, and how long you go before draining it! If you will be doing some hard riding and use say synthetic or other long lasting oil you need a better filter than say the average stuff. The Fram or Supertech are ok if you believe that any oil is beat up by your trans at say 1500 miles.  
rock.gif

Purolator has a good filter that can be bought at PEP Boys, and probably other places too. The model # is ML-16818.
smile.gif

Stock oil filter for me all the way. Saving $6 bucks on an oil filter is not a good idea.

(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 11 2006,09:29) This filter
What's that on the end of the filter?
Is that a nut for a socket wrench?

Never seen that before. But what an awesome idea.

And lastly, where and how much?

(rlachermeier @ Sep. 11 2006,10:20)
(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 11 2006,09
super.gif
) This filter

Never seen that before.  But what an awesome idea.

Yes it is a nut ,something like 17mm, i get them from cycle gear.

Either the Zuk filter or K&N. Anything else is just too risky.

--Wag--

Lets see...Hmmm

I have a $10,000.00 plus sportbike that makes me grin from ear to ear everytime I mount her and I am going to worry about saving $5-6.00 on an oil filter?

NOT

I'll continue buying Suzuki filters for now...

(300Busa @ Sep. 10 2006,16:18) Fram is the worst one!  Been known to explode under load.
Yep, Fram sucks big time. I would'nt use a Fram filter on a Yugo.
Suzuki filters for me. NAPA gold if I can't get to the dealer.

(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 11 2006,10:25)
(rlachermeier @ Sep. 11 2006,10:20)
(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 11 2006,09
super.gif
) This filter

Never seen that before. But what an awesome idea.

Yes it is a nut ,something like 17mm, i get them from cycle gear.
Does that make it possible to change the oil without removing the fairing?

Back