Need help with i900 alarm

coreywiley

Registered
Ok here it is! I have an 08 busa and I'm trying to install a i900 scorpio alarm system on it. The problem I'm having is with the RID-5 or ignition Disable/hijack module. I read Icemann post and he said that he used the orange/white ignition wires but he said that he used case his was different and under that the instructions said to cut the yellow with green trace wire. I cut the y/g wire but it didn't work am I doing something wrong should I cut the o/w wire. I included some pictures of the wires on my bike and where they're located. the first picture is the o/w wire and it's coming frome under the fuel tank. The second picture is the y/g wire and it's located on the starter relay coupler. which one should I be using?

000_0263.jpg

000_0266.jpg

I cut the wire to my fuel pump, instead of the coils, or injectors.

This is just my personal opinion Corey.....but after the probs I've had and tons of horror stories I've read, I'll never hook the ignition kill up again on any alarm. Both my street bikes are alarmed and neither one has the kill hooked up. You get stranded one time, or have the bike start cutting out, and you'll disconnect that kill fast. Most folks don't run them and there's a reason why ;) If you do decide to hook it up tho, make sure you use quick disconnect plugs so you can bypass it when it strands you ;)
I have to add, in most situations the kill won't do anyhting to help protect the bike.....but will just be one more way for your bike to strand you when you least expect it, which I've had happen to me. And it sucks :(

Last edited:
I've never heard of anyone having a problem. I know several people that have them on their bikes with no problems.

Back