Need Help with extended tail!

coreywiley

Registered
Hello everyone, I'm having problem installing my cowl since my tail is now on. I've heard people say u have to install washers but I have to idea where or how many. Can someone please shed some light on the problem for me please. Thanks!

Take the 4 bolts that hold the black base plate no to the hump. You will have to put the spacers or washers underneath the base plate. You will probably have to do it a few times and to get it to line up correctly you will probably have to add one or two more washers to the back bolts than the front bolts. I don't have a street tail anymore or I would go out to the garage and take some pics for you

Take the 4 bolts that hold the black base plate no to the hump. You will have to put the spacers or washers underneath the base plate. You will probably have to do it a few times and to get it to line up correctly you will probably have to add one or two more washers to the back bolts than the front bolts. I don't have a street tail anymore or I would go out to the garage and take some pics for you

Is it necessary to use longer screws?

Yes you will have to. Take one of the bolts with you to the hardware store so you get the right thread pitch. Make sure to get a couple different lengths so you don't have to keep going back and forth

Post a pic, I have been thinking of doing an extended tail on my busa with 300, a pic with the back seat on would be nice to see also If u have one

Back