Need help w/ pcii map

audial

Registered
First thing let me say hi to everyone... and this is my first (official) post! I just purchased my 2nd Busa. First thing I need to do is to MAP the existing PCII to match the existing Mods plus the additional ones I'm working on right now. I need a MAP for a full D&D Titanium/CF exhaust, Full Airbox Mod, TRE, and PAIR hose re-route. I checked PCII site and no such combo. Before I start tweaking I thought I would look around. Any one used this combo before? Also, I thought about switching to a PCIII usb but from my understanding it doesnt adjust ignition timing w/o the extra module but the PCII does both Fuel and Ignition timing, true?

you will have no luck sharing a PC2 map trust me pc3 maybe but a 2 fools the sensors and with the weather we are having you will not be happy

Hey JohnnyCheese can you explain further. From what I understand you to say is that a PCII changes the signal that the sensors feed the ECM and basically “tricks†the ECM into what the PCII thinks it needs to see and in return forces the ECM to basically “re-map†the fuel and timing? If that is the case, does the PCIII work after the ECM and directly modify the Injector Pulse Width and Ignition Timing after the ECM does what it “thinks†it should be? If so I can see how a PCIII would be somewhat better but I’m not sure why a PCII can’t compensate for the weather here? Both PC’s are relying on what the sensors are telling it. Please explain so I can better understand. Thanks!

Hey JohnnyCheese can you explain further. From what I understand you to say is that a PCII changes the signal that the sensors feed the ECM and basically “tricks†the ECM into what the PCII thinks it needs to see and in return forces the ECM to basically “re-map†the fuel and timing? If that is the case, does the PCIII work after the ECM and directly modify the Injector Pulse Width and Ignition Timing after the ECM does what it “thinks†it should be? If so I can see how a PCIII would be somewhat better but I’m not sure why a PCII can’t compensate for the weather here? Both PC’s are relying on what the sensors are telling it. Please explain so I can better understand. Thanks!
I have explained it many times so in a nut shell.................
use temp sensor to make rich by telling it is cold...........
right now it is 100 degrees out and you max the senor to fool cold................................
do the math when it lowers to 68 degrees out

Back