Need Help ! USB / Power for GPS

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Alright, I know someone on here sales a USB power set up. I need that information and cost. Also i need advice on wiring it in. I've heard numerous threads on this set up killing batteries, so I want to wire it in so it only comes on / energizes on ignition switch to ON position.

Does any of this make sense :dunno:

just go to radio shack and get one for under $10,wire to battery,never had a problem with mine...

Robert, you can do something simple and wire it to the spare brown accessory plug in your nose, but if you are going to power multiple devices, get a fuse block and relay to power the fuse block with the key. Relay connects to the battery and is triggered by switched power. I can add up to 6 circuits from my fuse block.

Sent from my Ford F-150 using Forum Runner

I have the 3br hooked to the BoostBySmith wiring harness that uses the brown wire in the nose. Never an issue.

WHAT NOW Dad....need to plug in your hair dryer. :laugh: Ultra-Sonic denture cleaner. :rofl: Seat Warmer. :moon:

Little red light to go on the hump 'cause they took yers away at work again. :cursin:

Rubb. :laugh:

500_siren.gif

Also i need advice on wiring it in. I've heard numerous threads on this set up killing batteries, so I want to wire it in so it only comes on / energizes on ignition switch to ON position.

Does any of this make sense :dunno:

Makes lots of sense.

Be sure to follow the install directions from 3BR.

The older 1amp models could be hooked directly to the battery. However, the newer 2amp models, the instructions plainly say wire them into the bike's keyed ignition. It cannot discharge the battery if the bike is parked for long peroids of time if you follow the directions and wire it into a hot wire on the Busa.

I have both mine & all accessories (ie extra lights) powered off the FuzeBlock so this issue is mute. :) Do your wiring carefully and the right way the first time.

Got the FuzeBlocks in stock too in case you are powering more than two items.
http://www.pashnit.com/product/fuzeblocks/index_fuzeblocks.html#top

Dsc00108_FuzeBlock_1024.jpg

Dsc09975_FuzeBlock_1024.jpg

Dsc00103_FuzeBlock_1024.jpg

Dsc00108_FuzeBlock_1024.jpg

Dsc09975_FuzeBlock_1024.jpg

Dsc00103_FuzeBlock_1024.jpg

DO3, Pashnit has laid it all out nice and simple.
If you have any questions call Tim or you can even call me and we will walk you through it.

Why call me? It is our family business. LOL

Tim is our number one dealer so he can take care of you.

3BR Powersports plug, only way to go. I also did a simple fuse block under the rear tail and ran all my devices to it instead of battery.

USB always draws power so wire it switched. Im gonna have to get a wall mount for my trunk like Tim did

USB always draws power so wire it switched. Im gonna have to get a wall mount for my trunk like Tim did
Alright ........ Is this a true statement if the device is disconnected.

I've owned Busa's for seven years and this is the first electrical accessory I've installed. I guess I fit the neanderthal rider category :laugh:

The GPS has a three hour battery. Sometimes I go seven to twelve hours. So I figured I needed the power. I ride daily ( I miss once in awhile, bought a tender seven years ago and have never pulled it out of the plastic :laugh: ) .

When I'm not riding the device will be turned off and / or pulled from the bike ( I like keeping my toys ).

Tim where did you get that steering bolt ball thingy :laugh:

I bought a weather proof case that came with the pedestal, but the ball thingy bolts to the top clamp by replacing one of the four top clamp bolts. I would rather not screw with the top clamp.

Tim where did you get that steering bolt ball thingy :laugh:

I bought a weather proof case that came with the pedestal, but the ball thingy bolts to the top clamp by replacing one of the four top clamp bolts. I would rather not screw with the top clamp.

Robert, a bunch of the members here have the AdaptivMount , it works extremely well on the Hayabusa and is a nice clean install. Double ball jointed means you can angle your smartphone or gadget however you like & it doesn't impede your view of the gauges. They were originally developed to rubber isolate Adaptiv's radar detector, but they quickly figured out it works great as a universal mount. I just have velcro on mine, but you could bolt anything to it.

Here: http://www.pashnit.com/product/adaptiv_radar_buy.html#sportbike

Dsc04243_adaptiv.jpg

Dsc04355_adaptiv_1024.jpg

Dsc04356_adaptiv_1024.jpg

Dsc04357_adaptiv_1024.jpg

Dsc04371_adaptiv_1024.jpg

Dsc04243_adaptiv.jpg

Dsc04355_adaptiv_1024.jpg

Dsc04356_adaptiv_1024.jpg

Dsc04357_adaptiv_1024.jpg

Dsc04371_adaptiv_1024.jpg

Back