Need Help ! USB / Power for GPS

Alright received the USB Power Port . Thanks Tim. Problem maybe, maybe not ........ no tapp-suz that would help me connect direct to running lights. I can't even find it on the internet. That might be my fault. My kit came with a Posi-Tap. Anyway I can get the Tapp-Suz ? There site only shows several HD versions. Any help will be appreciated.

I will send you a text my friend.

Alright received the USB Power Port . Thanks Tim. Problem maybe, maybe not ........ no tapp-suz that would help me connect direct to running lights. I can't even find it on the internet. That might be my fault. My kit came with a Posi-Tap. Anyway I can get the Tapp-Suz ? There site only shows several HD versions. Any help will be appreciated.

I will send you a text my friend.
Kevin and Kurt Thank you much, getting ready to take a trip and decided to make time today to install the USB port power plug. Everything but the installer worked great.

Removed shroud below gauges, two push pins, and an allen screw in center near steering stem. Be careful not to drop things on a Gen II Zuki installed a nice little piece to help with cooling that catches everything and if you have manly hands it's a PITA to find and recover.

Remove shroud above gauges, remove two 8 mm bolts, and remove gauges. So far two minutes work and one lost allen wrench and push pin :laugh:

Pull black connector above gauges near windscreen with brown and black with white tracer wire out and disconnect or open the connector. Install Tapp-Suz. This requires two connections.

At this point I tested my connector making sure it powered my GPS and that my running lights still worked.

Using Pashnits pix I used the tie wraps to attach the USB connector.

Then what you should do is install the gauges, install the upper shroud first, then the lower shroud.

Tested installation again. Retrieved allen wrench, still missing one push pin. Maybe I'll find it during my next oil change :rofl:

DSCN2860.JPG

DSCN2862.JPG

DSCN2863.JPG

DSCN2864.JPG

DSCN2865.JPG

Back