Need Help Resurrecting A Hayabusa!

I am picking up a 2000 busa that hasn't been started in about 6 years and I know I'll need to clean the old gunk out of the gas tank and I'll need new tires but I've never done this on a fuel injected bike before so I'm not sure what all else I need to do in order to get it running. Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
Critter

pull injectors, new fuel pump, fule filter, plugs, oil, rad fluid, brake fluid, inspect everything from top to bottom.

I'm gonna pick up a manual when I grab plugs and filters but I'm pretty sure I'm going your need some help on this so I don't make it worse.
Thanks!

Tires, chain, wheel bearings and brakes might be last thing in your mind as it's not running. You want to make sure it's safe.

Engine oil I would change a few times after it is running. Be prepared for suspension rebuilds if the forks are not leaking they will soon.

Brake and clutch lines.
Even if they appear good, the inside layer can be rotten.
Would be a good time to replace with stainless steel lines.
Brake and clutch master cylinder rebuild kits too.

Hopefully, you got a sweet deal to revive your Busa. Since you haven't had a fuel injected bike, like me, it will be very challenging. I still have my Harley but bought a 2008 Busa (always wanted one) last October with only 8,100 miles but already had fuel pump problems, which I fixed. Had to buy a set of metric tools, lift, changed to a full exhaust system and other accessories. Changing oil is an experience, removing all that plastic. The acceleration is awesome, it's a great bike to own but it's not bullet proof & comes with its own set of problems as I am finding out. Good luck & keep us posted.

Why has it been sitting? You will also need a battery, and I would really check out second gear.

Hopefully, you got a sweet deal to revive your Busa. Since you haven't had a fuel injected bike, like me, it will be very challenging. I still have my Harley but bought a 2008 Busa (always wanted one) last October with only 8,100 miles but already had fuel pump problems, which I fixed. Had to buy a set of metric tools, lift, changed to a full exhaust system and other accessories. Changing oil is an experience, removing all that plastic. The acceleration is awesome, it's a great bike to own but it's not bullet proof & comes with its own set of problems as I am finding out. Good luck & keep us posted.
I have two other fuel injected bikes they just haven't ever sat long enough to need to be resurrected. I'm sure it will be quite different then my cruisers that are fuel injected in so many ways. Thanks.

I did get a super sweet deal but I think I still underestimated the amount of work it may need to get it back to full safe running condition. Thanks guys.

Back