Need help removing craigslist ad...

Wasn't meaning any disrespect in your intentions. I have just learned to be leary of "helping" craigslist situations. Seems to be a new scam every week brewing from it. I sold some bike parts awhile back and 2 of the little punks came back later and tried to steal my bikes. Serves me right for selling stuff out of my house on Craigslist.

I found a pretty nice smartphone on the road. I tried to give it back and the guy practically assaulted me before it was over with. I guess from my perspective, good deeds can sometimes come at a cost of "I never should have". More power to ya if you feel the need. Good luck.

I understand exactly what you're talking about. Your experiences and countless others are why I pretty much refuse to use Craigslist to sell out of my home. The only time that I do so is when I'm all but moved out of the home that I'm selling from. Otherwise I'll meet in a public place or there's no deal. That said, I see no risk in lending a hand via email to someone that I've already contacted via email and met in person and have judged to be minimally trustworthy (presumably, this is the case with anyone with whom one has completed a transaction).

I will say, that if I felt even slightest bit threatened in any way, I would bow out immediately. Now, THAT said, I also believe that we can't allow the few bad apples to spoil us for all the good apples out there.

Be well and be good, but be safe!

Back