Need help removing brake line from front fender

coreywiley

Registered
I'm trying to remove my front fender but i cant seem to get this bracket that's holding the brake line off. Is there something special that I have to do in order to remove this bracket? Thanks!!!!

photo (3).jpg

Last edited:
Never done it myself but I have read you have to drill out the rivot that is holding it in place

Just keep playing with it. I belive you have to break that bracket if i remember....

Drill out the rivit...the more patience you have with it the results will be better. Turn the wheel to get a good line on it or use a dremel deal to take off the top of the rivit. Putting a few layers of tape on the paint around the mount will give you a bit of protection if you glance off the rivit head.

Why ya need it off? Not sure about gen2, but gen 1 you can just pop the line out of the bracket to take the fender off. If i recall correct, been a couple years since i took mine off.

Don't DRILL ANYTHING!!!!!

It is secured to the fender with the clip that is on there. You will have to get a small screwdriver and carefully push the clip in. You will push it in from the front. I'm talking about the area above the fender where that clip goes in. Take your time because it is a pain in the ass for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't DRILL ANYTHING!!!!!

It is secured to the fender with the clip that is on there. You will have to get a small screwdriver and carefully push the clip in. You will push it in from the front. I'm talking about the area above the fender where that clip goes in. Take your time because it is a pain in the ass for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As he said, the clip has to be squeezed from the underside of the fender to get it slip out of the hole.

Good luck doing this with the front wheel mounted, because you can't get in there. Were it me, I would probably pull the front wheel, the rest is easy.

It's plastic, popped into the fender. Mine came off when I pulled on it hard enough, but taking the front wheel off to get under it is the best recommendation. Don't drill anything. Since you are removing the line (to replace I suspect) using the actual line to get leverage/handhold on the plastic hanger is acceptable.

Last edited:
I removed the clip when I took the wheels off for a tire change. It is easy once the wheel is off and you have access to the underside of the clip. I completely removed the clip and it has been fine for thousands of miles without it.

Back