Need help - New front sprocket thinner?

Deadeye

Deadeye
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys/gals. Just received (tonight) my new front/rear sprockets and chain. Working on the bike tonight for Labor Day tour so ... need help/advice. The rear sprocket (40) looks just like the old = great! The new front or counter sprocket is a JTF513.17 but is significantly thinner than the stock - cause it doesn't have the rubber? pads on each side. My question is - Do I, or will I, have to "shim" the front to keep it in line with the stock rear? While the stock CS pads stick out on each side, the actual metal is approximately the same width (new one is a few thou thinner) I have read all the "searched" sprocket threads and folks mention that non stock will "whine" - no mention of shims (so I'm thinkin its ok). I dunno about the whine (yet?) but I am worried about having them line up. I'm in the garage changing out the rear and cleaning things up to get ready - As you can probably tell - this is my first chain/sprocket change ... I will search the JT site to make sure that a JTF513.17 is for the Busa with 530 chain. THANKS! Home alone ... a bit skaret! :please::please:

Update ... seems the CS is the right one ... JTF513.17 according to JTSprockets.com ...
???

Thanks!!! As always - you guys are a wealth of info ... Back to the bike ... :bowdown:

Put it all together - no shim - and its running great ... Its a little bit whiney but you really have to listen for it ... Thanks again:beerchug:

Back