NEED HELP.. Massive Overheating

Deno_n_Philly

Registered
I don't know if this is supposed to go here or the GEN II area, but sorry if I am wrong. I have an 08 Gen II. Mechanically I have Yoshi (slip-ons) and K & N Air Filter. Other then that, the bike (motor, exhaust) is all stock. Well last week I went for a ride and it got so hot that once I turned it off, I could not start it again. Then once I got it back to my storage area, I sprayed Chain Grease on it and around front sprocket it was like steaming off of it.

I also have the gold fairing inserts and someone put LED lights through my engine bay, but they have since melted because of the heat. Do you think that the fairing inserts could be causing that much heat?

I have read somethings about overheating, such as running lean and things like that. I have no idea what that means. I bought the Suzuki extended warranty on it when I bought the bike, and I have to take it there on Thursday. I took it there in the fall and the guy said they could not find anything wrong with the heat. If you ride it, not let it idle for 10 mins, your legs are unbelievably hot. What should I ask the guy to do? What else could be wrong? I am totally lost and its starting to be riding weather in Philadelphia.

OK guys, let me know. Thanks as always.

What's up? How is the little one?

Back to the bike. Turn it on, let the engine get to operating temps. Watch and see if the both fans kick on.

Well she is almost a year. It has been a crazy year for her also. She was involved in a car accident last week, but she is ok. Its hard with PTSD and the crying and screaming. I will put some pics of her on later... she is the love of my life, so bad. I never knew I would love something as much as I love tha little girl.. All she still says is.. dada.... she gives me kisses it awesome..

But onto the bike. I dont think either fan comes on. He replaced a fan sensor once, Do you think it could be the sensor again?

Sounds like the fans aren't working.

If fans are not working. Could be sensor again(most likely), check fuse also for fans.

The dealer is not going to Dyno the bike. It sounds like your fans are not running. Just drop it off and let them take another look at it.

if its still under warranty let the stealership deal with it, otherwise they can/may even blame you for messing something up which will result in voiding your warranty. Also start it up at the stealership and let it run while one of the mechanics is standing there so he can feel amount fo heat coming of the bike. .02

Back