Need help...Lighting

brandont70

Registered
I recently bought a integrated taillight from D2Moto.com. It has the stock plug-in for the brakelight portion of the taillight, but you have to wire the turnsignals in.
My problem is that when I hook up the brakelight connection the brakelight stays bright like the brakes are on. I have already tested the stock light and it works fine. If someone has instructions I would really appreciate it.

Taillight.jpg

Well , I knew they weren't open. Did you get any paperwork ? Have you tried their website ?

# Enhance the look with these EURO Clear LED Tail Light with Turn Signals (you can remove your rear turn signals)
# Direct bolt on; Easy installation, no modification required
# Approx. Dimensions: 7 1/4" x 4 1/4" x 4" (Width x Height x Depth) measured at normal mounting position including housing.
# Condition: Brand New in original packaging
# Quantity: 1
# Lense Color: Clear
# Fitment:

* 1999-2007 Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300,

I'm assuming you have an '07 looking at your avatar. It states easy install, no mods. I couldn't find any technical data.

Found problem a few days ago. The power wires on the harness were backwards. I switched them left to right, right to left and found where they were really supposed to be. Just adding this incase someone else has this problem in the future.

Glad you found the problem. I was going to tell you to start disconnecting your brake switches one at a time to see if it fixed it. But you already answerede

Ok, I am running into this same problem

Tomorrow, I am going to try switching the wires. Currently it is RED to brown, WHITE to white/black, BLACK to black/white. (CAPS IS NEW TAILLIGHT)

I am pretty sure that the white/black is linked to the brakes and that black/white is the ground.

Found problem a few days ago. The power wires on the harness were backwards. I switched them left to right, right to left and found where they were really supposed to be. Just adding this incase someone else has this problem in the future.

Bought the same item from D2moto and had the same problem. Good to know its an easy fix as switching some wires.

Back