Need help identifying clutch mod...or not?

CMann

Registered
I picked this up from a guy parting his engine and was told it was stock so I was going to have a friend weld it for me. The thing seems to be one piece. It is made of steel but had no identifying marks that I can find. Can someone tell me if it is stock or an aftermarket one?

Thanks in advance!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Its not stock,,its a 1 piece mod,you dont need to do anything to it.
JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SOME HEAVY SPRINGS AND A CLUTCH SLAVE SUPPORT. :thumbsup:

Its not stock,,its a 1 piece mod,you dont need to do anything to it.
JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SOME HEAVY SPRINGS AND A CLUTCH SLAVE SUPPORT. :thumbsup:

What springs would you recommend? Stock clutch, besides the one piece hub and slave support.

Thanks!

No nitrous but is Extended 6" and lowered 2.5, no real mods besides pair valve removal, PC, yosh slip ons. 175lbs but will be riding the gf (120 lbs) quite a bit on the back.

IMHO no sir. This bikes are designed to be beat on. I run the pee out of mine and have 45K+ with no slip and I typically weigh 300 pounds on the bike.

Post Script I have a performance exhaust that gives me about 15 added ponies and it came home from the dealer that way.

You DO need to add the spacers that Brocks sells.

When you do a one piece mod, it changes the installed height of the springs and will eventually cause the clutch to slip. THe spacers are just thick enough to stop this.

You DO need to add the spacers that Brocks sells.

When you do a one piece mod, it changes the installed height of the springs and will eventually cause the clutch to slip. THe spacers are just thick enough to stop this.

Spacers with stock springs, or just aftermarket springs? Which would be better for long term? Thank you for your reply.

Use lock-tite where the spring towers (clutch spring support bolt) goes into the cam set/ back torque limiter/ clutch mod whatever you want to call the piece. If you don't believe me look at my post about what happened to me when I didn't!!!

Anytime you do the one piece mod the stock springs will not hold unless you use the spacers.
Ask me how I know! Lmao! You at least need the spring spacers or a decent set of aftermarket springs.
You are asking for trouble if you put heavier springs on it or even the spacers and do not use a slave support I promise you.

Anytime you do the one piece mod the stock springs will not hold unless you use the spacers.
Ask me how I know! Lmao! You at least need the spring spacers or a decent set of aftermarket springs.
You are asking for trouble if you put heavier springs on it or even the spacers and do not use a slave support I promise you.

I have the slave support and the mod already. What springs do you consider a "Decent set" ?

Thanks

Back