Need help getting brake lever apart

brandont70

Registered
I took my stock levers off to have them powdercoated. the clutch lever reach adjuster came out fine. (with a little screwdriver help)
But I can't get the brake lever reach adjuster to come out. Any suggestions?

Try a little WD-40 on there first before you start to wrench on. Other then that I didtched the stock levers and got a set of ASV C-5 shorty levers in black.

They can be a pain if your talking about the adjustor. Try sliding something under it to hold the spring down. I use a piece of a razor blade.

YES, you need to slip a razor blade under the adjuster disk and press the spring loaded ball down. then run to the dealer to buy a new ball 'cause its gonna go flying.......ohhhhhhh you will hear it bounce on the floor a few times but trust me, you will never find it. It's tiny and shoots out fast!!!

YES, you need to slip a razor blade under the adjuster disk and press the spring loaded ball down. then run to the dealer to buy a new ball 'cause its gonna go flying.......ohhhhhhh you will hear it bounce on the floor a few times but trust me, you will never find it. It's tiny and shoots out fast!!!

Haha, I dropped the ball earlier and foud it right next to my foot. I was relieved. I will try the razor blade trick. Thanks guys!

If you have one handy grab a gallon size freezer bag or something similar (i.e. large clear bag). When you do the disassembly in the clear bag it'll will allow you to see what you're doing while keeping the small parts from flying all over the garage.

While you have the clutch lever adjuster off, it might be a good time to grind it down to make the clutch engage with less lever travel. (If you have ever thought you would want this). I ground down the lowest facet #4, as low as possible. It's a tiny amount but it makes the clutch engage with the lever 1/2 inch closer to the grip.

Back