Need help finding a font...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
I need some help finding a font. I ordered my seats from Tobin today and I'm having some lettering embroidered onto the front seat in addition to the kanji logos. I'm looking for a font that I like so I can e-mail it to Tobin to give to the stitching shop. I sort of like the font used in the photo below. Anyone have this font or one similar to it? I need to find a font ASAP so I don't hold up my seat order. I can't wait to get them even thought the bike is about to be down for a repaint!
wink.gif

Ideas please... I've searched for free fonts but didn't find exactly what I wanted yet.

I went thru the same thing with tobin, your best bet is to ask tobin what fonts he has . Then look on your computer to see if you like the set up. I had like 150 more fonts than he did. When i was asking him about various ones. He said he didnt have them. So i asked which ones he had. Found them on my computer then typed what i wanted. Then went from there

I think I may have found one I like but I'll have to see if the stitcher is willing to load it into their system, if it will even work on their operating system. I figure any TrueType font should work. Anybody know?
rock.gif

It might just be me...but I would seriously reconsider the extra stitching bro... It just looks....well IMHO sorta funky. I mean it takes it a little too far over the edge. It reminds me of them old POS Caprice classics you see running around with the 23" gold wheels sitting like a 4X4... Just a little over done.

My opinion man, FWIW... I have just seen too darn many Busa's and other sport bikes that are so INMO overdone, that they just start looking a little goofy or confused you know? Just me prolly...

I'll bet that if you send Tobin a picture of the seat above he can find the font and use it. It was his work after all.

Well, you could have a point, but that's really the only place that I can put the "name" of my theme without having to plaster it on the sides of the bike which I think would be MUCH worse. I'm with you on the cheesy overdone thing. I don't like that either.

You may be right here and I may end up wishing I hadn't got it but I put some thought into it and I think the way I'm having him do it will work without being overdone. If I hate it I guess I could always send it back and have him replace the part with the lettering. I really think it'll work with the theme though. Time will tell I guess...
wink.gif

Well, you could have a point, but that's really the only place that I can put the "name" of my theme without having to plaster it on the sides of the bike which I think would be MUCH worse. I'm with you on the cheesy overdone thing. I don't like that either.

You may be right here and I may end up wishing I hadn't got it but I put some thought into it and I think the way I'm having him do it will work without being overdone. If I hate it I guess I could always send it back and have him replace the part with the lettering. I really think it'll work with the theme though. Time will tell I guess...
wink.gif
What about etching the txt you want on the inside of the windscreen. It could look pretty cool. I figure bead blast the text in, then stain them with some paint to match your custom job.... FWIW

That might be an idea. I'll have to put some serious thought into this tomorrow. If I can come up with a sure fire way to incorporate the theme name I will prolly cancel the text stitching. You got me kind of wondering now... you ass!
laugh.gif

BT - Go into MS Word and select the font, "Old English Text MT". Use 24pt or larger to see the detail.

I'll try the graphics programs I have to see what works.

Edit: Adobe Photoshop used the same font. Old English.

Hope this helps in your quest.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1070734048 -->

BT - Go into MS Word and select the font, "Old English Text MT".  Use 24pt or larger to see the detail.

I'll try the graphics programs I have to see what works.

Edit:  Adobe Photoshop used the same font.  Old English.

Hope this helps in your quest.
biggrin.gif
I have Windows XP/Word Perfect. Old English isn't in the list. I found that one on the web but they wanted like $20 for it on a pay site. Couldn't find it on the free sites. I think that's what I'm looking for, though. Any thoughts on where I could find it?

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1070740369 -->

Do you have Adobe PhotoShop?

I'm sending you a PM Bullet Train.

Do you have Adobe PhotoShop?

I'm sending you a PM Bullet Train.
Yup, I have Photoshop 6. Hey, thanks for the offer in the PM, man. I appreciate it.
beerchug.gif
Oh, and you have a return PM.
wink.gif

As for the font thing, to update everyone else watching this thread, I sent Tobin a note to leave off the text all together. I just couldn't decide on a font that I totally liked for my theme. Two or three different ones were ok but nothing really just nailed it. I also started thinking about another angle to the whole issue. Let's say I get the Tobin seat and hate it after riding on it.

I don't expect to hate it at all, but there's no way of knowing until ass meets leather. If I hated it, or worse I crashed my busa and wanted to sell my Tobin seat, how many people would want a seat with "B... (ooooops, almost gave away my theme
wink.gif
)" stitched into it? I hadn't thought about that...

I'm going to incorporate the theme title into the bike some other way. It will probably look cleaner and more understated like Rev said, it'll be easier to move if I need to sell it, and I wont' end up wishing I had gone with a different font.

Thanks to all who shared their input on the issue.
beerchug.gif

wink.gif

beerchug.gif

Back