Need Help Fast - Power Commander Question

gonzo007

Registered
Hello All,

My 06 busa was stolen and recovered. Long story short, my insurance company is only offering $50 for the installed PC3 USB. I told them that I'd want to uninstall it and keep it for my next bike for that price. They said fine as long as the bike runs without it.

I didn't install it, but wonder if it's just something I unplug and everything will work fine? Is it just two plugs as I've seen in pictures? If it's tremendously hard to do, then I'll just leave it. However I'm tired of these guys nickel and diming me.

Thanks for any help.

Hello All,

My 06 busa was stolen and recovered. Long story short, my insurance company is only offering $50 for the installed PC3 USB. I told them that I'd want to uninstall it and keep it for my next bike for that price. They said fine as long as the bike runs without it.

I didn't install it, but wonder if it's just something I unplug and everything will work fine? Is it just two plugs as I've seen in pictures? If it's tremendously hard to do, then I'll just leave it. However I'm tired of these guys nickel and diming me.

Thanks for any help.

Unplug the main plug, return the stock plug to its original position, disconnect the negative lead from the powercommander to the battery, and take it out of the bike. The bike will run without it.:beerchug:

You'll have to plug the wires that you unplug from the PC3 back into your ECU. That's about all I know for sure. I'm sure somebody else will be along shortly to help.

unplug it, then plug the harness back together and you are good to go...all will be fine

like above also the ground wire to the battery.

Last edited:
Many thanks for the help. Esp. Jeremy. This forum's members are a huge decision why I went with my 06, and why I will most likely end up with an 08 to replace it. :beerchug:

Back