NEED HELP!! CMS deficinicy reports due at work...

Mrs.Rubber2Burn

The Diet Coke of Evil!!!
Donating Member
Registered
Right at the end of my work day I was given another round of monsterous CMS (Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services) reports to work on and finalize in the government mandated tables and narratives. These involve detailing every tiny detail of my contract negotiations as well as using Census Bureau Data to make sure that CMS actually has their facts straight with the number of available providers in a given area. It is really involved and I have to send these reports to some major big wigs at the huge health plan that aquired the behavioral health carve out I work for, and also directly to CMS with no one to look at them before the final version goes out. The reports, or narratives as they are called are very difficult as the indepth questions asked in a table format and the absolute finite information they are looking for. I was told that the CMS website has great info and examples but spent and hour searching to no avail. :banghead:

My question is; Has anyone out there had experience dealing with these reports? I know that I can get in there and dig in and stumble through, but I really have a self confidence issue and I am scare. :( :( Any suggestions? :please: :please:

Wow, sounds complicated! Whish I could offer some assistance but I haven't a clue as to what you described. Hope someone can help ya!
Posted via Mobile Device

would this be the compendiums?

Overview Data Compendium

We do not do anything even close to this stuff.. dang woman, what are you into? I have enough headaches with the stupid HCFA forms..

would this be the compendiums?

Overview Data Compendium

We do not do anything even close to this stuff.. dang woman, what are you into? I have enough headaches with the stupid HCFA forms..

It isn't that one, but THANK YOU! I am going to log back into my work email and see if I can find a form number (for this CMS table) and search the CMS website. CMS is basically pointing out all of the rural counties that we need to "beef' up our network of inpatient and outpatient care in. They are throwing a fit and throwing around threats. So I have to type up a god awful Word Document of narratives explaining in depth what steps that I am taking to actively contract/negotiate with providers in those areas. Plus a spreadsheet of their "table" format of inquisition questions. Oh fun!

If you need any help with those HCFA 1500's let me know. I am becoming more and more skilled. LoL!

Thanks, now I have a headache!! No just kidding. I will just wish lots of luck and hope you find what you need soon!!! :beerchug:

It isn't that one, but THANK YOU! I am going to log back into my work email and see if I can find a form number (for this CMS table) and search the CMS website. CMS is basically pointing out all of the rural counties that we need to "beef' up our network of inpatient and outpatient care in. They are throwing a fit and throwing around threats. So I have to type up a god awful Word Document of narratives explaining in depth what steps that I am taking to actively contract/negotiate with providers in those areas. Plus a spreadsheet of their "table" format of inquisition questions. Oh fun!

If you need any help with those HCFA 1500's let me know. I am becoming more and more skilled. LoL!
the entire switch from UPIN was enough thank you.. use both numbers, use one or the other, use only one... this date, that date... I had over $1M in outstanding claims and then Medicare had a system failure... I hate those people, none care about anything other than getting their hours in and seeing how difficult they can be... I told the Dr's I work for, no more medicaid or medicare and they went with it... (no money in them anyway)
Socialized medicine? yea right :laugh:

sheesh I thought Pharma was a pain but I think you've got me beat hands down with health care :bowdown:

Sorry i can't help.

Right at the end of my work day I was given another round of monsterous CMS (Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services) reports to work on and finalize in the government mandated tables and narratives. These involve detailing every tiny detail of my contract negotiations as well as using Census Bureau Data to make sure that CMS actually has their facts straight with the number of available providers in a given area. It is really involved and I have to send these reports to some major big wigs at the huge health plan that aquired the behavioral health carve out I work for, and also directly to CMS with no one to look at them before the final version goes out. The reports, or narratives as they are called are very difficult as the indepth questions asked in a table format and the absolute finite information they are looking for. I was told that the CMS website has great info and examples but spent and hour searching to no avail. :banghead:

My question is; Has anyone out there had experience dealing with these reports? I know that I can get in there and dig in and stumble through, but I really have a self confidence issue and I am scare. :( :( Any suggestions? :please: :please:

I know somebody, MAYBE a few folks at CMS, PM me and I will try to help with as much info as I can get for you.

I already called someone and they need to know what these reports are called, maybe they can help.
PM me and I will try to help:thumbsup:

THANKS Thrasher! You actually made me smile! I got so stressed and frustrated at work today that when I finally scraped up the 90 cents that our vending machine charges for a Kit Kat, my "snack" got stuck in the machine. I took all my stress and frustration out on this machine and the machine wound up dispensing TWO KIT KATS!! :laugh: :laugh:

I know somebody, MAYBE a few folks at CMS, PM me and I will try to help with as much info as I can get for you.

I already called someone and they need to know what these reports are called, maybe they can help.
PM me and I will try to help:thumbsup:

PM sent

THANKS Thrasher! You actually made me smile! I got so stressed and frustrated at work today that when I finally scraped up the 90 cents that our vending machine charges for a Kit Kat, my "snack" got stuck in the machine. I took all my stress and frustration out on this machine and the machine wound up dispensing TWO KIT KATS!! :laugh: :laugh:

I am glad it brought a smile to your face.. it is hard not to chuckle everytime I see it, especially at the end where the one guy is doing 83% of the worlds work :rofl:

I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT!!! I was told today that because I have done such a great job with the narratives and HSD tables thus far, I was being assigned MORE CMS REPORTS!!! :banghead:

It's like dealing with the HP tech support in India. :(

I did not attack any vending machines today! :rofl: I repeat the mantra that I could be cleaning filthy toilets or something REALLY nasty for a living!

Back