need help choosing helmet

nxvette01

Registered
I am looking to buy a new helmet. I am thinking about getting a Suomy spec 1r or a Shoei rf 1000. I cant decide on which one I like best. Also I have never owned either brand so pros or cons of eitherwould be great. I am looking at the Shoei picotte or Suomy Goobergh in the spec 1r also maybe the gambler in the spec 1r extreme. Any opinions?

+1 on try then they fit difrently. every head is diffrent

What's Up , I have owned HJC helmets and think for price and quality they might be the best buy. I have an HJC CARBON FIBER and love it, it's light and comfortable and they price their helmet's to be very competitive to all other brands.
race.gif
cool.gif

fit first, style second, cost third.

Go to a shop and try them on your melon first.

Look around at the different styles / decorations.

Now hunt for the best price of the one you like and hopefully you can afford it.

beerchug.gif

SHOEI all the way. they are the lightest and most wel constructed in my opinion. i have 2 of them and they are great fitting helmets........ you are gonna pAY for them but i think they are worth it. 1 other plus is that most of the time they make their helmets FOR suzuki bikes. what i mean by that is the colors they use usualy match right on the money

Go try on an arai on & send me size,we are doing a closeout on them and you won't believe the prices.

(NINJA KILLER @ Oct. 22 2006,15:18) What's Up ,  I have owned HJC helmets and think for price and quality they might be the best buy. I have an HJC CARBON FIBER and love it, it's light and comfortable and they price their helmet's to be very competitive to all other brands.
race.gif

cool.gif
I dont have the cf but I have 4 HJC's and love the fit.

(NINJA KILLER @ Oct. 22 2006,15:18) What's Up ,  I have owned HJC helmets and think for price and quality they might be the best buy. I have an HJC CARBON FIBER and love it, it's light and comfortable and they price their helmet's to be very competitive to all other brands.
race.gif

cool.gif
+1 i have the HJC Carbon Vader. It is very light and flow the air very well., But it does tend to be a bit noisy. I like it very much.

Carbon_Helmet_001__Small_.jpg

Best helmet is the one that fits you best! Try on a bunch of em and make your decision. Personally I will probably never trust my Egg-sack to anything but an Arai.

Thanks for the help .I guess ill just have to find some place around here that has them so I can try on. I have always had HJC and i like them but I am just looking into a better or more expensive helmet.
I have a HJC now it fit snug when I got it but now that its broke in its a Little loose.I am looking fora helmet thats just a little better quality and those are the two I like best.As for as being dot and snell approved the suomy is DOT and BSI approved accordind to them thats a better measurement as far as safety goes

(GoldenChild @ Oct. 22 2006,15:45) Go try on an arai on & send me size,we are doing a closeout on them and you won't believe the prices.
Ill try to find a place around here so I can try one on and ill let you know what size . Thanks!

+1 try them on before you choose, dont just go for a name brand.

I wear a shoei RF 1000 and love it.

Just my $.02, but the fitment and comfort should be the number one priority, assuming its rated for safety. Cost should be the last consideration. In the past few months I've read so many different helmet reviews, independents are my favorite (even though I wouldn't doubt manufacturers leverage the odds in their favor). When I see some top name helmets saying their the lightest etc, then see where an independent test was done and helmets like HJC, Scorpion etc come in with 1 or 2 ounces, and have equal or better survivability ratings...it didnt take me long to go for comfort on down the line to cost.

Always had Shoeis myself, great product. Find what fits your nugget the best, find the best deal you can on that!

Back