Need help!!!!!!!!again!!!&

bird1300

Registered
My friend and I got ourselves some yoshi rs3 race bolt on cans.  While we were riding at night I noticed my friends bike backfiring while he was slowing down in gear.  Is this normal?  He called the local suzuki shop and asked them about the problem and they said something about he probably needed a powercommander because it seems that the bike may be running a little rich.  I thought you only needed a power commander with a 4 into 1 system.  Is this something to really worry about or am I just being paranoid?  Thanx all! BTW we both have 02 models.

i have same cans on a 02 no problems unless a real hard decel then alittle pop .been like theat for 4k now .bike runs great.

bird man , you can apparantly get away without a pc with most slip-ons . You can ,more than likely, get rid of the popping noise with a pair removal . Thats what I'd try for starters , pc II or III's are hundreds of bucks , the Pair removal is about 2 bucks , and an' hours work .

I run the D&D bolt ons right now and had terrible backfiring up until a few weeks back when I did the pair mod........Now no backfiring whatsoever.

My friend and I got ourselves some yoshi rs3 race bolt on cans.  While we were riding at night I noticed my friends bike backfiring while he was slowing down in gear.  Is this normal?  He called the local suzuki shop and asked them about the problem and they said something about he probably needed a powercommander because it seems that the bike may be running a little rich.  I thought you only needed a power commander with a 4 into 1 system.  Is this something to really worry about or am I just being paranoid?  Thanx all!    BTW we both have 02 models.
A throttle valve sync will clear most of that up..........

I have the same cans on my 2000.  I have never had a backfire.  I did have the bike dyno tuned(remapped) due to another problem so that may have something to do with it.

Back