Need help/advise on smoking issue

Thegreanest

Registered
So I have a 99 busa, rcc stage 1 turbo kit bought and installed around 2012 when rcc was using comp turbos.
It smokes out of the exhaust some times (definitely burning oil)
But only under very certain circumstances though.
It will only smoke for a few seconds after coming down to idle after decel. Like when coming to a stop light.
Won't smoke under throttle, or on decel, or revving in neutral, or at start up.
Only when coming to a stop at a red light, and only after it drops back down to idle (like when I pull the clutch in)
And the smoke only lasts for a few seconds, like 3-5 seconds.
I have no idea what's causing this, but I'm gunna assume it's the turbo.

Y'all have any clue what could be causing this?

So I have a 99 busa, rcc stage 1 turbo kit bought and installed around 2012 when rcc was using comp turbos.
It smokes out of the exhaust some times (definitely burning oil)
But only under very certain circumstances though.
It will only smoke for a few seconds after coming down to idle after decel. Like when coming to a stop light.
Won't smoke under throttle, or on decel, or revving in neutral, or at start up.
Only when coming to a stop at a red light, and only after it drops back down to idle (like when I pull the clutch in)
And the smoke only lasts for a few seconds, like 3-5 seconds.
I have no idea what's causing this, but I'm gunna assume it's the turbo.

Y'all have any clue what could be causing this?
Before you rebuild anything
Look into a scavengering pump
My home made kit started smoking after 5-7 years
I rebuilt it, still smoked
So I replaced the turbo and header with a work of art RCC GT4088 setup
still smoked I was pissed (but bigger turbo oh well)
Mechanical scav pump and not a whiff of smoke

Before you rebuild anything
Look into a scavengering pump
My home made kit started smoking after 5-7 years
I rebuilt it, still smoked
So I replaced the turbo and header with a work of art RCC GT4088 setup
still smoked I was pissed (but bigger turbo oh well)
Mechanical scav pump and not a whiff of smoke
Hi. What scavenger pump do you have? s it the RCC? I have the RCC one. I am going nuts with picking the turbo. RCC has not used the Garrett G 42-1200c. He has used the Garrett GTX 42-02, but I think The G 42-1200c is a better turbo for what I want.

How was the install on that rcc scav pump?
How hard will it be to go from the gravity drain to that? Currently I just have the drain hose going from the turbo to a fitting in the bottom of the oil pan

Yeah I went with the mech RCC scavenge pump

I know NOTHING about the differences between those turbos what is the difference?
Why not compound turbo?
Hi. That has crossed my mind, It may be better for the street but not for what I will be doing. I have 10 to 1 JE pistons and will use NOS to help spool the turbo at lower speeds and to cool the intercooler at high speeds. your GTX 4088 has Compressor side Inducer at 65mm Exducer at 88mm Trim is 55 A/R of 0.60 Turbine side Inducer is 82mm Exducer is 75mm the Trim is 84mm I do not know the A/R for that side. The Garrett G 42-1200c is Compressor side is Inducer is 73mm Exducer is 91mm Trim is 65 A/R is0.90 Turbine side is inducer is 82mm Exducer 75mm Trim is 84 A/R 1.01. For the GTX 4202 Compressor side is Inducer is 76mm Exducer is 102mm Trim is 55 A/R 0.60. The GTX 4202 can make 1120 HP. The G 42-1200c can make 1200 HP. It comes with a billit wheel and a stainless steel turbine.

Yeah I went with the mech RCC scavenge pump

I know NOTHING about the differences between those turbos what is the difference?
Why not compound turbo?
Hi
I have the Garrett G42- 1200c turbo. It cam make up to 1200HP. The only thing I do not like is it weights 44lbs, the turbine weights 30 lbs. I am looking into haveinj it made in Inconel to Ti. I think it will be to much $ for me I would need F 1 money for that. Just think what you could build for $20,000,000.00 to $50,000,000.00. Would it still be a busa? Or would it be an MPH ?

Back