need help about tires ASAP

ekidna

Registered
I will give order to buy new tires for my busa which i use it on street but i couldnt decide which one is better.I need information quick so if you can help me i will be appreciated....
thanks

tires:
BRIDGESTONE BATTLAX BT-010
BRIDGESTONE BATTLAX BT-012SS
BRIDGESTONE BATTLAX BT-001

Had the battleaxes on my Kat & loved them. (besides it sounds cool when you say I have Battleaxes on my Katana!)
The Busa came with the batleaxes & I hated them (way too much wheel spin!)
I have a 208 know (dealer claimed better stick) and I love it!

Metzler Sportec M-1/Pirelli Diablos are the way to go.
Stay away from the slipstones or the Dunlops.

Michelin Pilot Sport HPXs.... I love em. they handle better & grip better than the 208s IMO.

Never tried the Metzs or Pirellis.

I think I'm going with 208s. I spend most of my time on the highway but still like to hit the mountains once and a while.

JW & MickeyD,

I've ridden on both 208's and HPXs. I know that I know that I know that th HPXs are a lot better handling tire. It was a very noticeable difference. Cornering on the 208s was like I was plowing through the corner, you know, like having to work harder to maintain a good line. The HPXs gave me much better feedback, and cornered much easier, I could get lower without even trying. They Pilots have a much rounder profile.
As far as tire life, well I'll keep ya posted. Only bout 800 kms on the HPX.

The funny thing is, I have always been a Dunlop fan! All I have ever used were 207/208s in the last 5 years. When I bought my busa, it had the Pilots on it, thats the only reason I even know this. Sorry for givin ya my .02 when ya didn't ask. I just want to pass the info along to give the members a more enjoyable ride. -Bill

I have heard from this guy, that knows this person that said that the D208s are pretty ugly when applied to a Busa.

If you still have a bridgstone front and aren't comfortable with mixing tires, I would prolly do another BT56. If your determined that you gotta have a new type of tire do the BRIDGESTONE BATTLAX BT-012SS and maybe see some extra life.

I'll be replacing my rear tire with something this week, I'll prolly end up just putting on another BT-56 and worry about upgrading them as a set. The Bridgstones kinda suck, but they suck in a nice predictable manner. Start mixing and matching brands and compunds and who knows what kind of handling wierdness your going to find... my .02

I Love the tire debate.
I am on my 4th rear this season.
My vote is for Michelin Pilot sport HPX's
They do handle better in my opinion as Busa fever says.
Also I have gotten the best milage out of them and I rode them the hardest.
When you consider I have spent nearly a grand keeping the rubber on the road this season it can get a little crazy financially.
But in the end I beleive it is down to preferences on any off the top of the line tires.
You get what you pay for and I don't get cheap when my butt is in the one in the saddle.

I put a set of metzler sportec's on mine and they feel way better than the bt56 lumps that were there--Also Metzler makes a "P" spec tire for the Busa which is what i got-same price as normal.They make me corner better

Raider is a Big Fan of Metzler tires. I cannot remember exactly what model he is running though. I had Metzlers on my Katana and I was allways real happy with them, May not be the best for ultimate grip but they were allways very forgiving and predictable.

After listening/reading several threads and artilces about tires i think tires are strictly personal choice within catagories. Most of the major players are going to be pretty competitve, so its going to come down to a riders particular riding style, and preferences. I doubt the average rider is going to utilize more than 75% (and that may be a liberal %) of the capabilities of most super sport tires on a daily/ongoing basis..

Ride through a couple of brands and you'll find each tire has its on pros and cons. After that start over and pick which on best fit your needs.

That my $.02 qorth of tire info

After listening/reading several threads and artilces about tires i think tires are strictly personal choice within catagories. Most of the major players are going to be pretty competitve, so its going to come down to a riders particular riding style, and preferences. I doubt the average rider is going to utilize more than 75% (and that may be a liberal %) of the capabilities of most super sport tires on a daily/ongoing basis..

Ride through a couple of brands and you'll find each tire has its on pros and cons. After that start over and pick which on best fit your needs.

dude, I agree to a certain extent, but your life may depend on your decision. I have used several on my busa and the ONLY compound I ever felt remotely comfortable grinding down the cases with are the M-1s, I,ve used the michelin "highsiders" 012ss, 011s, 010s, BT56s, Avons, and so on. although the sportec is the heaviest, it definitely "grips" better than any of them, that's the nature of the compound, once warm they will hold like glue with no warning, unlike say the 011s, where the rear will slide "warning" you that you're at the threashold of the grip and close to failure. compounds that slide dont hold at extreme lean angles like those that dont slide,(least ones I have tried)which means you will have to back it in to get the same corner speed out of them. as anyone knows when railing on the street, you should never push it more than 65 to 70 percent of the ability you have on the track or your comfortable lean angles anyways.(never enter blind or unfamiliar turns with the intention of a full lean) just so you will ALWAYS have that extra lean for decreasing radiuses, "misjudged" radiuses or simply coming in to hot, always be armed with extra lean to complete the turn. so would you rather have a tire that slides when it comes time for a full lean? or would you rather have one that sticks like glue? dont put your confidence in a tire, ride a tire with confidence...(know how, where and when your tire is supposed to do what) wear and tear should be the furthest from your mind when exposed to the eliments...

<!--EDIT|†WÃ￾§â€ Ã«D
Reason for Edit: None given...|1067594435 -->

dude, I agree to a certain extent, but your life may depend on your decision. I have used several on my busa and the ONLY compound I ever felt remotely comfortable grinding down the cases with are the M-1s, I,ve used the michelin "highsiders" 012ss, 011s, 010s, BT56s, Avons, and so on. although the sportec is the heaviest, it definitely "grips" better than any of them, that's the nature of the compound, once warm they will hold like glue with no warning, unlike say the 011s, where the rear will slide "warning" you that you're at the threashold of the grip and close to failure. compounds that slide dont hold at extreme lean angles like those that dont slide,(least ones I have tried)which means you will have to back it in to get the same corner speed out of them. as anyone knows when railing on the street, you should never push it more than 65 to 70 percent of the ability you have on the track or your comfortable lean angles anyways.(never enter blind or unfamiliar turns with the intention of a full lean) just so you will ALWAYS have that extra lean for decreasing radiuses, "misjudged" radiuses or simply coming in to hot, always be armed with extra lean to complete the turn. so would you rather have a tire that slides when it comes time for a full lean? or would you rather have one that sticks like glue? dont put your confidence in a tire, ride a tire with confidence...(know how, where and when your tire is supposed to do what) wear and tear should be the furthest from your mind when exposed to the eliments...
All good points Twisted. But there are are some non-corner carvers, semi-corner carvers, and sport-tourers on the board. that being the case I was trying to say one has to determine what style of riding they are doing to determine the best tire. ie a sport tour would be better off with a BattleAx 020 than with an 012s, because its provides good grip and better tire life, which typically has a higher priority amongst sport tourers.

As for M-1 be abetter tire... Well in the two years I've been on the board I've seen arguements made for every brand,and a number of specific tires including the stock BT56. Most major tire companies have a racer on their tires. Dunlop has a number of riders who have won on their tires, Perrelli may be the official and only tire used in WSB next year.. Only to say that While "you" may only feel comfortable riding on a M-1, I'm sure someone else is thinking they like the characteristics of another tire that they feel comfortable with.

But hey as long as they are putting it on a Busa it doesn't matter right, because everyone knows the HAYABUSA is the BEST bike...... right :laugh:

its all good, guess what I am saying is weather your a carver or not your decision should be based on which tire "sticks" the best on the "street" not longevity or tarck performance, lets say your in a blind right, god forbid there is a semi in your lane, you have a few choices, if its an option you could stand her up and brake while going into the oncoming lane , or lean her over quickly cutting off the turn to avoid collision, seems to me the latter is the the better choice. these types of split second decisions may be the what stands between collision or avoiding one. ALLWAYS know what your machine is capable of doing, while braking, accellerating, stopping, cornering etc... some say stoppies are a squid manuever, a stoppie could save you injury or at least a collision. you cant do high speed stoppies without stick! and you cannot do sudden exteme leans without stick! if you were to read accident reports from around the world you might realize the importance of good equipment. I say $1000 a year is not a bad investment for compounds when your confidence and life are on the line.....

Back