Need for More Speed

bnorwood

Registered
Hey Guys,

After a disappointing day at the dragstrip, I need mods for getting quickier and hauling ass. I know I need a swingarm so no need to mention that. Only mods so far is a Muzzy exhaust and K&N air filter. Going back to the track in 2 weeks and need the info.

R/T .602
Time 6.99
MPH 112

Hey Guys,

After a disappointing day at the dragstrip, I need mods for getting quickier and hauling ass.  I know I need a swingarm so no need to mention that.  Only mods so far is a Muzzy exhaust and K&N air filter.  Going back to the track in 2 weeks and need the info.

R/T .602
Time 6.99
MPH 112
perhaps you need to work on your holeshot (i.e. first 60 feet). Just a thought. What does a stock bus do in the 1/8 when a pro dragger is running?

Lowering, wheels, tires, turbo, clutch, etc..... How much do you have to spend??

Hey Guys,

After a disappointing day at the dragstrip, I need mods for getting quickier and hauling ass.  I know I need a swingarm so no need to mention that.  Only mods so far is a Muzzy exhaust and K&N air filter.  Going back to the track in 2 weeks and need the info.

R/T .602
Time 6.99
MPH 112
perhaps you need to work on your holeshot (i.e. first 60 feet).  Just a thought.  What does a stock bus do in the 1/8 when a pro dragger is running?
I haven't seem many pro draggers however, there were some build bikes pulling 5.85's and 6.1's.

lower front and rear MTC inner hub or (2002 clutch plate set up) MTC better.
air shifter and

Practice Practice Practice
1.50 60' is not uncommon

My bad, you did post here..... The gang has you pointed in the right direction. Practice is the key to lowering your times! It is after all the most cost effective improvement you can make to your trackdays! Then when you got it down to a science look to mod a few parts...... Make Small Changes! Work out the bugs and then look to build on your success.... Keep us posted!
smile.gif

My extensions are $295.00 with shipping within the U.S. They come with a longer rear brake caliper brace so all you need is a longer chain. 130 links is what you will needd.

I noted that reading the article about Keith Dennis, he was consistant low to mid 1.7's for the 60 foot, on a stock suspension bike. Given, of course, he's Keith Dennis. But that gives at least a goal to get to or come close. My best was a 1.81 60 ft, 6.64 @ 114.5. I agree that before you do anything, practice slipping the clutch.

Back