Need fatter grips

My stock grips are just too skinny. Feels like I'm trying togrip a pencil. Don't know what the diameter is, but fatter ones would be better, more comfortable. The grips on my VTX are more comfortable - only because of the larger diameter.

Can anyone recommend fatter grips or grip covers for the 'Busa?

Thanks,
CW

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
I love my Harris grips with the Busa and Kanji logo on it. Not that fat but very comfy. It's these ones.
3480349171_5c08dc654c_b.jpg

Jimshog

Donating Member
Registered
Kurykyn makes a set of ISO grips to fit sport bikes including the Busa. You might check these out as they slide over the existing throttle shell and are notably thicker.

Dr E

Donating Member
Registered
Try these...

REI, they are mountain bike grips you will be greatly pleased. You can also find these at Walmart as well. 6.00

I have used this brand for well over 10 years and never had a failure of the grip and with the extra pad...it acts as a wrist rest (pseudo throttle control).

DSC00574.JPG

Try these...

REI, they are mountain bike grips you will be greatly pleased. You can also find these at Walmart as well. 6.00

I have used this brand for well over 10 years and never had a failure of the grip and with the extra pad...it acts as a wrist rest (pseudo throttle control).
I'm gonna have to try those!! Difficult to get over the throttle tube?

Dr E

Donating Member
Registered
I used window cleaner spray. Provides enough lubricant to slide but has enough alcohol content to evaporate and not leave the the hand grips slippery. I sprayed the inside and the tubes till soaked. I have Throttlemeisters on the bike and I found that on my grips, I don't need the sleeve they provide on the end. Setting the grip to the right length the grip itself works just like the sleeve (and I have not seen any noticeable wear on the grip doing that).

GMbusa

Even a caveman can do it.
Donating Member
Registered
Look at some sport touring grips. Alot of the touring guys have the same complaints and there's grips that are much thicker in the center.