need chain advice

MeanGreen94Z

Registered
ok so i have been having one hell of a hard time getting my bike to hook and i knew the issues were with me being 160# and 8" out, and my main problem being in the suspension... well i finally got the suspension to where it was spring up in the front and mushy in the back with good spring preload like i saw everyone else doing. took the bike out to test before i ran a friend and i clutched it from 2nd at about 50 to see if it would spin, wellllll it definitely didnt, the bike hooked hard pulled about 3 feet and then threw me on the gas tank, ripped the coolant hose off and sprayed everything with coolant. got the bike home and everything is fine minus having to buy a new hose, replace the sprocket cover and get a new chain ( i already have a few new sprockets here already) so my deal is this EK chain, its been nothing but a nightmare since i installed it. i started off 1.5" from the most i could go on the stretch (to leave room to adjust it) and over the course of 2500 miles i have moved the axle back almost 1-1/4" which i thought had to be crazy stretch. its like everytime i ride i have to adjust the damn thing, i bought the bike with a worn sprocket and a mis matched pieced together chain on it, and replaced it the day i got it with a EK-VXZ or whatever the v z x order is lol. im not really wanting to stay with an EK, i could care less about chain weight, i just want something that will last and be strong. with me on this bike i think a 2# weight diff on the chain will make not a crap in the woods of a difference. tell me what to do.

The zzz chains are awesome. mine has barely stretched at all.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'm running the zvx-2 and haven't had any problems with it at all. It's held up and hasn't stet hrs much if any at all. I have at least 250 passes on the chain and a couple thousand street miles on it without any problems at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the Tsubaki from APE. I have had it on a Turbo drag racing Hayabusa for 2 seasons now. Only had to adjust it twice. I'll never go back to EK or RK.

for the money, the ZZZ is best bang for the buck. I do 8000rpm hole shots with ah slick and bar dumping the clutch.

Back