Need bracket ideas

shade

Registered
New brake lines in.
I want to take out the zip tie and use a bracket of some sort.
Zip tie just looks tacky to me.
Any ideas?

20200714_110755_resize_35.jpg

Yeah I didn't do the work boys.
I let my tech know wrong side fool.
So options at this point boys?
I could drop the rear tire and see if I can squeeze the caliper on the other side.

What else?

Yeah I didn't do the work boys.
I let my tech know wrong side fool.
So options at this point boys?
I could drop the rear tire and see if I can squeeze the caliper on the other side.

What else?
I would take that line off,flip the end over (need 2 new washers) so that it points down towards its next attachment point.It will look a little cleaner and actually put less stress on the line.When flipping it over you will "feel" if it stressing the line too much in doing so. They are pretty tuff thou.

Then use the stock attachment point as shown in Tim's pic. Use the stock hanger,maybe paint it and the bolt black before install.A bit cleaner.Hides it.Or maybe paint it red to match your other eye poppers.Anyway for me,I could have that line off,re-routed if desired,have it back on and the line bled before I could re/re the wheel,chain adjust and re-align.
Meh....Rubb.

That zip tie will eventually wear the pant off. I'd take the line off and put it on the way you want it. Just make sure there is enough slack to allow for swingarm movement.

Here's how I put mine on. I think it looks the best. I didn't use any clip and it's fine. It's pretty stiff and it doesn't move around much. You have an ABS wire to run with your line so this might not work for you.

Also, I did a hunt around looking at different bikes, makes/models to find the right brakeline/abs wire - clip thingamejig to make it look need and tidy. I'll post a pic ifI get time tonight before it gets too dark when I get home

Also, I did a hunt around looking at different bikes, makes/models to find the right brakeline/abs wire - clip thingamejig to make it look need and tidy. I'll post a pic ifI get time tonight before it gets too dark when I get home

Awesome! Cant wait

Back