Need boots.....any thoughts?

Monty

Registered
I'm in the process of slowly upgrading my equipment as I squirrel away a little extra cash here and there. I'm now looking for boots and wondered if you guys might throw some suggestions my way.

I'd like to go with a race style boot....more protection the better, and I don't mind looking like a power ranger for the most part, but my budget is limited. Right now my top contender is the Sidi B-one that's on sale at Newenough. Anyone wearing the B-one or have any other suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Monty

Monty, saw your post in my gear thread and I'll let you know when I get them.  The thing about the SIDI B-One boots is that they are on sale at quite a few places for the same price as NewEnough.  I would have gone with them, but they would have charged me tax in Texas.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117484209 -->

Monty, saw your post in my gear thread and I'll let you know when I get them. The thing about the SIDI B-One boots is that they are on sale at quite a few places for the same price as NewEnough. I would have gone with them, but they would have charged me tax in Texas.
Thanks dude...

Sidi's I have the Vertigo and Vertebre
wink.gif

Post some pics of the type you have or are getting and why, like to know, seems like something that is a must... But their so many whats what with them and all. And what ones to stay away from I like the idea of race boots have more protection ect....

I just bought a pair of sidi vertebra race boots from new enough... very happy with them personally.. tons of protection.. and less than $300..

plus they are pretty much waterproof whether they wanna admit it or not..

not too bad on hot days.. no worse than any other boot i've had anyway.

I don't which model my new Sidi's are, but they are great boots! A huge improvement over my old First Gear and Teknic boots.

Last July I was hunting some replacement boots but I wanted water resistance since having to stop and put on frigging boot protection is a pain.

We found a review on waterproof boots and the Sidi On Road Sympatex got number 1 by a wide margin. The problem is that no one carries it. I can find a smattering of Sidi boots in the area bike shops but not the specific one I was looking for.

So I went with the runner up. Harley Davidson waterproof boots. At $125 they were a pretty good price and they're waterproof even though they are lace-ups. I removed the HD lace tag first thing. There's a black HD tag above the ankles so it blends in with the leather and is under the pants.

Since I bought them, I wore them on the west coast trip and they were certainly waterproof. I've worn them every day and around the office with no problems. They certainly look more appropriate around the office than the Sidi's would
smile.gif

Even with all the riding (5k miles on the Harley, 17k miles on the 'busa), the heels have only about an eigth of an inch of wear. Even the left toe is just starting to get roughed up.

I like these boots a lot and might just go buy a second pair.

The attached pic shows the boots this past April.

Carl

killboy.10.jpg

Gaerne GSR racing boots. Side movement angle protection. Appreciate after all day riding the rear zipper and buckles to take them off easy. Comfortable, adjustable fit, light weight, good quaility.
Only bad thing is in sub-zero temps you feet get froze.

Ordered a set of Rocket GPXs. Didn't expect much as they are really cheap. I was actually impressed when I got them, the only thing is the adjuster for the ankle brace is a little cheesy. They are comfortable and seem to be durable.

Last July I was hunting some replacement boots but I wanted water resistance since having to stop and put on frigging boot protection is a pain.

We found a review on waterproof boots and the Sidi On Road Sympatex got number 1 by a wide margin. The problem is that no one carries it. I can find a smattering of Sidi boots in the area bike shops but not the specific one I was looking for.

So I went with the runner up. Harley Davidson waterproof boots. At $125 they were a pretty good price and they're waterproof even though they are lace-ups. I removed the HD lace tag first thing. There's a black HD tag above the ankles so it blends in with the leather and is under the pants.

Since I bought them, I wore them on the west coast trip and they were certainly waterproof. I've worn them every day and around the office with no problems. They certainly look more appropriate around the office than the Sidi's would
smile.gif

Even with all the riding (5k miles on the Harley, 17k miles on the 'busa), the heels have only about an eigth of an inch of wear. Even the left toe is just starting to get roughed up.

Carl
Check out NewEnough.com for the Sympatex boots.

smile.gif

Carl
Check out NewEnough.com for the Sympatex boots.
Well I meant any shops in the area. As I understand it, the boots are sized a little differently so I'll order one that's supposed to fit but it'll be too small. I wanted to try them on before buying. At the time, I needed the boots pretty quickly which is why I got the HD boots. They are great boots though.

Carl

Back