Need bolt size for helicoil

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys,

Long story short, I was putting together the cases and stripped two "M6" bolts in the case. They are the ones on the bottom case, on the drive shaft side (towards the chain) on the generator housing. I'm not too concerned about it as they are both still biting at torque, and there are 2 bolts right beside them holding the crank in place, however I know one can back out completely with 1 complete revolution, the other is in there damn tight and I don't want to loosen it to find out. So I want to make sure things are good, and put a helicoil in both.

What are the dimensions of the M6 bolts? Or what kit should I be asking for? I looked in the manual and can't find the actual dimensions or thread pitch on them.

Thanks.

Well........... never mind. The threads are perfect. Tested them a few times, up to torque, also inspected the threads through a macro lense. I dont know if it was just me thinking I stripped them, but lucky me! Im getting good at splitting the cases now! Lol.

probably the bolts stretching,,I would replace them ,
Well........... never mind. The threads are perfect. Tested them a few times, up to torque, also inspected the threads through a macro lense. I dont know if it was just me thinking I stripped them, but lucky me! Im getting good at splitting the cases now! Lol.

When I did my motor I had a few bolts stretch on me. First time they had ever been out. I ordered new ones and made sure all the thread where good on the cases.

Back