~~need boards advice~~

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
OK, it's time for a set of leathers. I have a few picked out but can't decide on a one or two piece suit.

Would a one piece be a little lighter?

Seems like a two piece would be more flexiable but should a 360 degree zipper be mandatory?

Anybody using the Fieldsheer suit? I'm looking at those right at the moment.

Boy, what have you folks found out wearing these suits?

Help always appreciated.

hogger...

I use a two piece w/ 360 zipper. Do a few track days a summer and couldn't be happier. I choose two for piece a large number of reasons, starting with much harder to get in and out of a 1 piece for daily riding basis, and next I can just wear the jacket when I want to. Seems the one piece is more race track oriented. I've never tried to wear a one piece, and many track riders use them, but they seem such a hassle. For my lifestyle, a two piece worked better.

Good skill with your decision

I’ve had a one piece for about 4 years now and I whish the damn thing would wear out so I could get a two piece.

I am also looking at a new set. But a Two piece is the only way to go, since they have pockets both inside and outside for stuff like wallets and change. Along with when you go into a restaurant you can take off the top and not look like some strange creature while eating. They're also MUCH more comfortable. Just make sure the pants can zip to the top for more riding comfort
smile.gif
 and get the CE approve armor in the shoulders, elbows and back ! Right now I'am having a hard time finding a set with perforated tops, vented yes, perforated no. So anyone who knows of off the shelf perforated two piece, SING OUT
tounge.gif

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Fieldsheer_Revo_Sport_2_Piece_Suit--506178.html

Thanks guys and gals. So far this suit is looking like the winner. Thicker leather, completely perforated, full zipper and the size seems to run true. Return policy is great also. For $400.00 and $9.00 ship how could you go wrong?

Fieldsheer Revo Sport 2 Piece Suit

Premium race quality 1.4 - 1.6mm perforated
Brazilian cowhide
2 piece suit construction
Polyester mesh non-allergenic lining
Zippered wrist and leg closures with flap and neoprene cuffs
Full 360 zipper
One inside pocket
SP memory foam protection in upper arms, chest, hips, back and tailbone
Elasticized stretch panels for enhanced mobility on the back of the shoulders, arms, waist and knees
Double layered leather seat area and elbows for safety and durability
Aramid stretch material on sleeve, inner thigh, crotch, legs and back of neck
CE approved armor in the shoulders, elbows, forearms, knees, shins, hips and back
Padded mandarin collar

I'll call them later to see how the sizing runs.

hogger...

<!--EDIT|hogger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153236211 -->

9816e696ddd46da5da5d40baa986458b_rough.jpg

both suits have the CF padding all around..this is a one piece..

thoughts?

hogger...

<!--EDIT|hogger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153236391 -->

ded3b497b578c59ad90664f29cf453c4_rough.jpg

hey, guys I just reviewed a super moto jacket, last week...
and when I test ride with it, and I write up how it was...man!! this jacket rocks!!! period. even when I was rolling around the parking lot, was start cooling me off right der...it doesn't need too much air to start to working...that was my 2nd review, but I'm putting up review, every time I buy something (so, I can avoid next victim...) and I still kicking myself, why didn't I buy long time ago...
mad.gif

By the way...this jacket also, can be attatched to super moto pants...(360 zipper comes with it...)
for the summer gear? this is the answer...I can dare to say its near perfect...I rated? 10 outa 10.
take a look...

548_2727.jpg

2 piece,If you ever put on a one piece,when you go to take it off,you'll understand why you prefer a 2 piece
wink.gif

I bought last year's model from Cycle Gear (Frank Thomas brand) for $299. It's a one-piece, and fits pretty damn well considering I'm 6'4". Not sure if you these are close to you:

PHOENIX, AZ 13220 N. Cave Creek Rd. (602) 971-1630
MESA, AZ 1120 S. Country Club Dr. (480) 969-5555
TUCSON, AZ 2 West Grant (520) 882-8111

Good luck!

Seems that 2-piece would be better for every day use --- 1-piece best for the track?

Back