Need Bike Stands, To Many Choices

I had problems when I borrowed a pin/triple tree front stand. My bike is lowered in the front so the pin could not get into the tree, due to the angle needed for the pin to line up with the tree, unless I had someone lift up on the handlebars because the stand was hitting the front fender.

I did like the stand but when it requires two people to use it's not worth getting that style so I would have to go with a fork style.

Just my .02 to help avoid any issues.

I ended up with a T-Rex set. As I said before the rear is a spool stand and the front can be used as a fork or triple tree/head stand with the attachment. T-Rex is selling them on ebay with spools and the correct pin for the head stand attachment for $145.90 shipped. Only comes in chrome though. They also can be disassembled (as I may need) for storage.

Granted, these probably aren't of a Redline, Pit Bull, or similar quality. But for the cost, I'm sure they'll be adequate for average use.

I know that patents need to be negotiated, but I am really surprised that nobody has jumped on the Cyclecat rear design since they went out. The nice thing about it is effortless lifting even in tight spaces. No excuse not to use it every time. My Busa gets backed into my garage right alongside my 1969 Mach-I. Once in the Busa gets lifted onto the rear stand to leave walking room between the car and the bike. No effort, no worries about damage to either. You lift from behind the bike, not alongside.
I am curious if there are any comments why the design has not been marketed by any one else. We are talking the rear stand only, the front one was nothing special.

I know that patents need to be negotiated, but I am really surprised that nobody has jumped on the Cyclecat rear design since they went out. The nice thing about it is effortless lifting even in tight spaces. No excuse not to use it every time. My Busa gets backed into my garage right alongside my 1969 Mach-I. Once in the Busa gets lifted onto the rear stand to leave walking room between the car and the bike. No effort, no worries about damage to either. You lift from behind the bike, not alongside.
I am curious if there are any comments why the design has not been marketed by any one else. We are talking the rear stand only, the front one was nothing special.

Through my searches, I didn't come upon a Cyclecat stand. Now the T-Rex ones are on the way, but this info. could be good for others interested in stands.

BTW, '69 Mach1 is my favorite car of all time. Had a red one years ago with the 428. Wish I still had it!

go with redline industrials will be the best money you spend on your bike
I have had the set for my busa for 3 yrs and still look new with countless days being outside through many different weather conditions:thumbsup:

Just an update. They're here already! Seems like everything will work fine including the headstand attachment, but can't actually try them yet. Getting near freezing temps all the way down here so the Busa is tucked in for a few days.

flynlow, the pin setup for the front is the cat's meow. I can't tell you how much more practical it is to service brakes and wheels with the pin set up. I have the Pit Bulls but I understand they aren't the cheapest available. and the bike is just so easy to change oil and other fluids when you get her off of the ground...good luck and be careful getting the pin into the tripple tree the first time...kinda of have to walk the pin in with the stand to get her into position. Recommend laying a thin towel over the fender so you don't scratch it...

the swingarm pivot one....

Good question. My concern is the Busa isn't exactly a light weight and lifting almost the whole bike from a single point could be cumbersome. Also, I think you'd need the bike upright to fasten the stand to the bike. Might be more of a track bike accessory. The cost put it out of my budget, but I'd be curious as well on how it works on the Busa.

2hip, the tree stand option was a factor in choosing these stands. Wasn't sure if I'd use it, but many of you that do swear by it. Probably is more secure than the fork stand when working on the bike. The T-Rex came with a felt strip on the shaft that would contact the fender, but I'll heed your advice and throw something extra on it. Thanks for the tip.

For those interested in stands, T-Rex told me the chrome ones are close-outs (chrome didn't sell well) that is why they're discounting them so much on ebay. So if your interested in a combo set, including the tree stand attachment, and don't mind chrome, these are a good deal!

Back