Need big favor, can someone look at their gen 1 Busa and ch something??

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
On the rear axle where the adjusters are, the plate that you align with the adjustment lines has a lip that sticks out on the right side and two lips on the left. The one on the right, does the lip face the back of the bike or the front and on the one on the left, does the big part of the lip face towards the front? If someone can answer this, I would appreciate it, I just took back tire off and am not sure which way it faced, this makes big difference on alignment...

Not close to my bike right now... But let me see if I remember it correctly. Lay them flat on the ground and you can see on side is taller than the other. The thicker side goes toward the axle adjuster bolt. If you incorrectly put the thinner side up against the bolt, it will not fully cover the bolt head. Throw it in there both ways and you should see what I mean.

Just went through this myself a few weeks ago after installing the rear wheel/tire. You can also just look on the blocks and see where the bolt head has been contacting the block.

BTW, I owe you a phone call.

Just went through this myself a few weeks ago after installing the rear wheel/tire. You can also just look on the blocks and see where the bolt head has been contacting the block.

BTW, I owe you a phone call.

Pm Sent

I started to worry today, felt like bike was pulling a little to right, I am freaking out on every little thing with the bike right now after getting bumped in the back a van.

Too complicated. Just see where the adjuster bolts have already marked 'em.

--Wag--

busa 006.jpg

9-18 07 oil change 040.jpg

:thumbsup: They were on right, I am going to try the string thing in one of the posts here, to check alignment this weekend.

Back