Need battery for Gen 1 - best option?

FormulaZR

Registered
I'm looking for a battery for my Gen 1 (02) Hayabusa. I thought Pashnit sold a battery...but can't find any on the site.

Here's what I want:
- Preferrably around $100, but would spend more if the battery is really worth it.
- Compatible with Batt Tender and stock charging system on bike (not sure if Lithium has special charging requirements).

My go fast days are mostly behind me, and now I ride the bike mostly as a spirited cruiser. I do have some extra electronics on the bike (GiPro w/ ATRE and a sat radio) - so maybe something with more capacity than the Yuasa I've been using would be good.

What are my current options and available vendors?

For 100 bucks your best bet is Advanced Auto. Buy 1 and maintain it using the battery tender. Should last U a few years easy if maintained properly. Lithiums are close 2 double that price if not more

I went to a local battery place where all they sell is batteries. I always get the best from them and I spent $74 total. I bought the orange gel type battery off ebay for $30 it was decent but u can never let it die then its no good after that.

I had a motobatt for 1.5 years. One day I left the headlights on and forgot about it for 5 days. Battery wouldn't hold a charge. I'm in FL, and batts don't last long here anyway. I called up motobatt and asked if their 2 year warranty covered me leaving the battery on for 5 days. They said no problem, got a new battery last saturday, runs like a champ.

My bking is still on its original battery since 2008. It's a Yuasa. Since I've owned the bike, it's gone through 2 winters in a metal shed. Dry but cold as hell. Battery still good to go and I don't trickle charge it. :)

For 100 bucks your best bet is Advanced Auto. Buy 1 and maintain it using the battery tender. Should last U a few years easy if maintained properly. Lithiums are close 2 double that price if not more

Bought mine for 105 TTD

Battery Tender Li , your charger will work on it. Do the research.

Ok...so the LiFePo4 battery you bought works fine with a plain battery tender trickle charger and the stock Busa charging system...correct?

That is correct sir. To be absolutely honest I don't use the charger on my bike but from what I read it will. They sell one now specifically for li but I can't honestly say its needed. Remember these batteries can be shelved for two years. Obviously there's a mild drain on a healthy Busa. Others have been running these batteries since 08.

Didnt want to start another thread on this. Battery on my bike has lasted an astonishing 11 years(!) thanks to my battery tender(s), but it is unfortunately on its last legs. Not much in reserve for starting and even blanked out a couple of times now wiping out the clock etc. So I wound up ordering a Motobatt MBTX9U for it based on price and reviews. The question I couldn't find the answer to on the MotoBatt website is can you use a conventional Battery Tender on them or do you need something special? The Model of Tender I have (Deltran Battery Tender Plus) states it works on AGM batteries so I think its fine.:dunno:
Anyone have any good or bad MotoBatt stories to tell?

Got the Battery today and installed it in about 2 minutes. Perfect fit without spacers. Even the hardware was pretty decent. Checked it with a Voltmeter out of the box it had around 12.76 volts so I wasn't expecting much. But man this sucker spins that starter with a fervor! Still going to put it on the Tender overnight but pretty impressed so far.

Back