Need Advice

BUSA CRUSEN

Registered
I just installed a Brock's Exhaust, but it is touching the plastics right under the foot peg. Is this OK? Or should I cut the plastic so it doesn't touch anymore?

20150420_190012.jpg

20150420_185955.jpg

If that's a ceramic coated pipe it won't ever get hot enough to really melt the plastics.
But yes a little extra heat shield tape wouldn't hurt.

I wasn't sure since it was ceramic coated. I will find this heat shield tape and put it on. Thanks for the help!

The tape is a good idea. I have a Tsukigi 4 into 1 exhaust on my '07 and it has worked it's way through on the right side. I heat shielded as best as I could but the fit is real tight for about 6 inches. It runs very close for about 6 inches there. It has melted through for about the same length on my bottom right fairing to just before the bolt that secures that section. Even with what I could fit between the fairing and the pipe shield wise it came through. I run the bike pretty hard so for a casual rider it may not be an issue but how many casual 'Busa riders consider themselves in that "casual" spectrum? Anyway...I buzzed out a slot that frees up the pipe and allows air flow between the pipe and lower fairing ( after the melt through ) that still allows the securing bolt to keep things from flapping in the wind.

mine melted right through. didnt know it was touching. i got the stainless steel. wish brock could do something about that. seems like a flaw but what do i know

Back