Need advice very fast about insurace.

-=TWITCH=-

Registered
I know I know here we go. Just got approved for an 2004 brand new BUSA
biggrin.gif
I am the happiest man alive. I was told by and insurance company that they would cover me no problem. So I sat down with the dealer yesterday and bought the bike. However the bike is not here yet it is being shipped. So when I went back and tried to get the bike insured there was a problem they would not provide insurance the bike. poop ok.... not to that big of a deal but it really is. I cant get a full coverage QUOTE for under 5k a year. WHAT do I do? still get the bike and pay liability? until I can get a lower full coverage rate? Please help me out asap!

Chris R

i'm with state farm 840/year. try gmac much better but i have 2 tickets and they won't carry that. another one is geico they were good on my 1100.

if a finance company holds a lean on your bike in many circumstances, you MUST have full coverage you might wanna check into it before you get a sweet bike you cant ride cause of ball breakin ins. costs trust me i was there for my 1st year and it sucked
bike note = 290
full ins monthly = 392
rent = 350
not funn at all just my .02 a bike is awesome dont get it twisted but sacrificing stuff like eating and giving up stuff to pay those greedy ins. premiums blow
mad.gif

State Farm is my advice as well. Don't take this as me being a prick but if you can only get liability on a new $11000 Busa you better go back to the dealership and break the deal. Think about it a minute and you will see that not only are you risking the money invested in the bike but your also risking the money you earn for the rest of your life if you crash and kill someone and have no medical insurance to pay off the laysuit. And as PhatJoe said if you are financing the bike you will have to carry full coverage on the bike weather you like it or not. NO lender is going to take the risk of liability only.

Just saw the post on your age and I am sorry to tell you but you better RUN to the dealership and cancel the deal. You WILL NOT get affordable full coverage insurance simply due to your age and the rates wont go down for you in a significant amount until you turn 30.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086734986 -->

I am amazed by Suzuki not requireing full coverage and would suggest you get that in writing because someone is telling you lies. Also keep in mind that if you total the bike you will be liable for the price of the bike weather you have it or not. In other words, you will pay it off even if you have wrecked it in the first week.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086735407 -->

no suzuki probably doesnt require full coverage but coverage on the bike... comprehensive... they want to protect their money. and curious.. 20 years old, how much riding experience and WHY a busa?

they could careless if u have liability but the state would..

The comprehensive coverage is the part that costs the money due to the fact it is based on the replacement value of the bike weighed against the risk imposed by the operator.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086735603 -->

idea.gif
just what he said 21 year old male on a hayabusa = big tyme ins premiums remember if you get the bare minimum ins and total the bike lets say you owe 9500 on it well now your gonna pay suzuki that 9500 out your pocket even though your pushin around nikes instead of a busa
just somethin for ya to marinate on were not tryin to be pricks were just givin you prior experience so you can be a rider and not a statistic
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|phatjoe
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086735752 -->

state farm was WAY cheaper than anyone for me, but I had to switch all my vehicles, they wouldn't do just the bikes. If you don't get anything else get theft even if you have to live under a bridge and eat twice a wek.

Just figured I would let everyone know that I financed through Suzuki and do not require full coverage Ins. (KY) Don't flame on me. I know that its stupid, but that is the only way that I could afford the ins. on the Busa.
sad.gif

Just figured I would let everyone know that I financed through Suzuki and do not require full coverage Ins. (KY) Don't flame on me. I know that its stupid, but that is the only way that I could afford the ins. on the Busa.
sad.gif
This is not a flame but I have a question. What are you going to do if you total the bike or it is stolen? Will you pay your debt or file for bankruptsy?

I'll take it like a man and pay my debt off, then if I can afford to then fix the bike. Also if it is stolen then  
guns.gif
to the thiefs (If caught
sad.gif
) I just do not have the money to spend $1300 per year on ins. just for one bike. I do know what you are saying, the what-ifs. But lets just hope and pray that the what-ifs never happen.

If you are willing to stand up for your debt you are a good man in my book. I hope you don't ever have any problems.
biggrin.gif

If you are willing to stand up for your debt you are a good man in my book. I hope you don't ever have any problems.
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the compliment. I too hope that I never have any problems. I know that it would suck paying for something that you cannot use because it is trashed, but that is just a chance that I have to take. I have worked too hard on keeping my credit score as high as it is for too long.

Back