Need advice on new Busa purchase!

Thank you very much for the reply.

So the guy told me that he just plain and simple got tired of the orginal color scheme (black and white I think) so ordered brand new all black stock fairings, and I mean the bike has a clean title so I have no reason to think otherwise? He told me the extended arm was to make it more comfortable on his 65 mile highway commute every day, but I thought of that too... but he did specify it is only extended a small amount, and does not alter or effect handling or control at all. I wouldn’t know, but I of course do intend to ride it.

The bike definitely is NOT fuel Injected, it is carborated and has a choke and etc.... is that not right or....?

It is a 1 owner bike, the gentlemen has owned it since 2006, and has a stack of maintenance records, most recently last summer (full tune up and oil change and etc).

The mileage is 9000.

Hope this helps. Any updated thoughts?

Thanks again
The 06 LE was as Wuzza posted, white and silver. Suzuki does not make all black fairings so those are likely aftermarket.
If he got bored and changed he should have the original LE fairings to reinstall. Judging by the bar ends being changed, along with levers and mirrors and stator cover it is more likely that the bike sustained some sort of damage which prompted those changes. The exhaust also is a tip off the header, the header is aftermarket since it is single exit but what happened to the exhaust that used to come off the header?

As far as the swing arm, that literally has not an ounce of impact on comfort. Also if did in fact change the length because he wanted to use the bike to commute the 65 miles every day he somehow managed to keep the bike at only 9,000 miles.

As other members have advised, steer clear of bikes like that. It would be different if you got the full scoop from the owner. I have an 06 as well and it was wrecked, and if it had not been mine before and there wasn't an emotional attachment to it I would not want it. If I ever were to sell it I would provide full disclosure to the purchaser.

I am however curious about that swing arm, it looks like it is a stock arm with extensions but the extensions were welded on.

What kind of Harley do you currently own? Just wondering, I just sold mine as well.

I have a 2011 Road Glide Custom. Sedona Orange, all decked out.

68C37E50-FE53-45E3-9A20-D89A2BB8201F.jpeg

The exhaust also is a tip off the header, the header is aftermarket since it is single exit but what happened to the exhaust that used to come off the header?

You have to look real close but it actually has dual tips on it so it might still have the original header as well and if the bike was laid down u might be able to see some minor damage telling you it was. Either way i agree with the others above, that's just too much for that bike as it sits. I would go for the 18 if u can come out without payments unless you find the colors of the 19 something you can't live without.

You have to look real close but it actually has dual tips on it so it might still have the original header as well and if the bike was laid down u might be able to see some minor damage telling you it was. Either way i agree with the others above, that's just too much for that bike as it sits. I would go for the 18 if u can come out without payments unless you find the colors of the 19 something you can't live without.
Oh poop you are right, it does have the tips so its basically not even an aftermarket header just 2 little slip on tips basically open header.

Since I'm north and our pricing is different. I can only say
Ask for any additional costs on that 12,999 Things like state taxes or dealer prep, administration fees
Basically getaturn key out the door price
Up here if you trade in we do not pay sales tax on the portion of the cost covered by the trade. Just the difference if there is any. It can help
Good luck.

Also keep in mind, just because a bike has a clean title it does not mean it was never crashed. Sometimes it isn't reported to the insurance company and repaired out of pocket, or the damage wasn't enough to warrant a total loss (salvaged title). In 2009 I was hit on my 2007 Busa, the at fault's ins. company paid for the repairs and the title remained clean. They cut me the check and I put it back together myself. I was lucky and found a complete set of OEM fairings including gas tank, from an earlier year Busa through eBay.
It started out the vigor blue for the 2007 year, but the replacement fairings were black.

"new" 2019’s

You have some great options ! Here are just a few.

Option 1: Sell the Harley privately. Better money than trade-in value. Then negotiate to get the 2018 for $11K out the door. Dealers always added fees.

Get a one year CD with the remainder from your Harley sale. The brand new Gen III "should" be out in 2020. Then you can sell the 2018 Busa privately, cash out the CD and buy the Gen III when it comes out. At that time a small monthly payment would not be bad.

Option 2: Trade-in the Harley for the 2018 Busa. Negotiate for cash back, new gear, service vouchers, aftermarket parts and/or something. You will ride away with a Busa you like, no payments and something extra from the dealer.

Option 3: Sell the Harley privately. Then buy the "newest used" Gen II Busa for $4K under what you get for the Harley. Use the $4K from the Harley sale to buy a used cruiser. Then have two bikes for the price of one. ($11K)

I know, Harley's are the "standard" all cruisers are measured by. Though metric cruisers are great too.

My Boulevard C50 (800cc) was only $1500, spent $350 to make it look the way I want.

2005 C50 Comparision - 1.png

Final thoughts. If you have a cruiser, you're still going to want one. Most of us here have two types of bike. Your Harley has great value, take advantage while you have it !

Don't buy a 2019 Gen II Busa when the Gen III will be coming out "shortly." (no release date yet) It's one of the reasons 2017 & 2018 are selling below MSRP.

Man, I wish I were in your shoes !!! Be glad for your situation; and happy with the choice you make.

*click Link no longer works to see cruisers in your area for $4K or less !

This 2004 Yamaha XV1700 with 52K miles is 9 miles from Seattle for $3200

2004 Yamaha 1700 $3200.jpg

FYI
There are several dealers in Va and NC where you can buy a New 17 or 18 Busa for under $11k otd. Cheaper if you're out of state, as you would pay tax, tags, title to your state.
Add about $600 for nationwide shipping, and the money you save just bought a full exhaust and then some.
If you want a new gen2, there are deals to be had if you shop around.

Looks like everything has been covered here, but I did want to add that you need to consider the kind of riding you'll be doing before you opt for an extended swing arm. I've had friends that take a stretched Busa to the mountains and leave there saying "never again" because handling isn't great for those types of roads. I don't personally have experience with this, but if you plan on riding twisties, just something to consider and/or talk to others that own a stretched Busa.

Good luck in your quest!

Looks like everything has been covered here, but I did want to add that you need to consider the kind of riding you'll be doing before you opt for an extended swing arm. I've had friends that take a stretched Busa to the mountains and leave there saying "never again" because handling isn't great for those types of roads. I don't personally have experience with this, but if you plan on riding twisties, just something to consider and/or talk to others that own a stretched Busa.

Good luck in your quest!
VaB, Your friends with the stretched bikes, are they stretched on 240 +'s ? Just curious....I am looking to do a little stretching. I figure a little bit cant hurt handling that much if even at all as long as the tire is a 190-200 in the rear.

VaB, Your friends with the stretched bikes, are they stretched on 240 +'s ? Just curious....I am looking to do a little stretching. I figure a little bit cant hurt handling that much if even at all as long as the tire is a 190-200 in the rear.

Don't know those details, but I know one guy used to post here, BigDiesel...he had a stretched Busa and brought it to the Tail of the Dragon, hated how it handled on that 11 mile stretch of tight twisties. I'd have to look up his old posts to see what he had; don't think he's even got that bike anymore and I don't think he's here. I'll dig around...

Don't know those details, but I know one guy used to post here, BigDiesel...he had a stretched Busa and brought it to the Tail of the Dragon, hated how it handled on that 11 mile stretch of tight twisties. I'd have to look up his old posts to see what he had; don't think he's even got that bike anymore and I don't think he's here. I'll dig around...
Hi I have a 12 over with a 240 it is no problem at all. I ride back roads fast a lot.

Back