Need advice on clutch slave supports.

It decreases case cover flex? eliminates.
I've never had a chain break but from what I can tell if it gets wrapped up under there with any force its going to bust out the holes that its mounted before anything else gives and still going to ruin the case. I have one but I"m not so sure that it would really help. It DOES however eliminate that sprocket cover flex problem when you have hd clutch springs.

double post error
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149212336 -->

Just what I said.....no b/s coming from me.

We're adults, I offer facts only. No chest beating, lies or limited time offer threats to entice you in.

I produce the absolute best functioning package at what I feel is as competitve pricing possible.

90% of the other guys are buying theirs from a machine shop.

MINE are made in house. If you have a problem with theirs you are dealing with the middle man NOT the guy who CAD, programmed, and inspected the pieces. (won't say operated....12 yr old did that)
My operator:
Picture250.jpg

It decreases case cover flex? eliminates.
I've never had a chain break but from what I can tell if it gets wrapped up under there with any force its going to bust out the holes that its mounted before anything else gives and still going to ruin the case.  I have one but I"m not so sure that it would really help.  It DOES however eliminate that sprocket cover flex problem when you have hd clutch springs.
you know that's a great point.

If you're average Joe running a basically stock bike with stock or maybe 16-17 gearing like 97% of busa owners do.

Which cover has the thicker walls to absorb impact?
Which cover will have more gap which MIGHT possibly allow a chain to bunch up inside the cover?
Which cover has an exposed edge which could cause the chain to catch and allow it to bunch up? OR allow dirt to get on the clutch rod and cause binding? (once you remove your stock cover you WILL totally understand THIS point)

A
ff083c39.jpg

OR

B
Picture301.jpg

S4l, I never doubted your work dude. For the years I have been in the Busa or streetbikes and racing in general I have never heard or said a bad thing about you. Cool, I'll tell ya what I'll order one of yours and one from MPE and give a full-on review. I never meant no disrespect or misrepresentaion.

S4l, I never doubted your work dude. For the years I have been in the Busa or streetbikes and racing in general I have never heard or said a bad thing about you. Cool, I'll tell ya what I'll order one of yours and one from MPE and give a full-on review. I never meant no disrespect or misrepresentaion.
MPE is a nice piece of aluminuim for sure.

Built in clutch slave cylinder even wow'd me. BUT.....at 3.2 times the cost of mine. It should. From the looks of it...you hafta provide the clutch slave cylinder parts. Real shame to make such beefy cover and then make the most essential part of it.....(ie: the part that holds the clutch rod and protects you water pump) so flimsy. From the photo I'd guess its wall thickness under 3/8". The contour will definitely encourage a chain to wedge in a void.

Look indepth at the internal view.....I wish he offered a pic without the sprocket in the way.

Back